Towing ?

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably have posted this picture before, but pull this load with mine all the time. Lift weighs 15000# Think 2 is as low as ever have had to go . Truck has a wide ratio trans which really help for heavy towing.
You must be registered for see images attach

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think gary (icanfixall?) Has a super built e4od...
Seems it was a beast.
Ive not seen him around latley tho, I would love to have a direct drive autoshifted gearbox like the big boys built for our LDT's.
But alas....

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Probably have posted this picture before, but pull this load with mine all the time. Lift weighs 15000# Think 2 is as low as ever have had to go . Truck has a wide ratio trans which really help for heavy towing.
You must be registered for see images attach
I worked for a contractor for about 18 months who had an older version of that lift. His '08 and '15 Duramaxs had plenty of power to pull it, but he only had a two axle trailer to pull it on. The lift was 500 Lbs. heavier than the axles were rated for. Because of that, if I had to go out on the highway, I kept the speed to 45 max. He went through A LOT of tires on his trailers. Since I was never very confident about the safety of the trailer, I figured that at 45, I'd at least have a chance of not ending up upside down in a ditch of a tire blew out. I told him that I refused to pull that lift faster than that and he was fine with it. I never had anything bad happen to me pulling his trailers around.