Totaled my truck

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
You know guys this forum has been really awesome and wealth of info. I really feel a sense of brotherhood here and really appreciate everyone's genuine caring for my wife's wellbeing and wanting to know how we faired.

This is why I really only peruse on this one site. You get to know the guys on here and you will get to realize how down to earth Oilburners is. I am very much glad to hear your old iron kept you safe when you needed it most. Best wishes, I hope a truck rebirth is in order for you:sly;Sweet

Trying my best

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you were coming or going from Humboldt county, but if you think the 299 is scary, try hwy 36. That's a ball buster. If you need any help from behind the redwood curtain, let me know. I'm in Eureka by the way.

Good luck

Kilted Celt

Diesel noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you were coming or going from Humboldt county, but if you think the 299 is scary, try hwy 36. That's a ball buster. If you need any help from behind the redwood curtain, let me know. I'm in Eureka by the way.

Good luck

I was on my way from Arcata to Redding. I was at the Mad River Hospital grounds for the renaissance fair over Sept. 24-25. My wife and I are planning on being back in Blue Lake for the upcoming renaissance fair at the pumpkin patch farm Oct. 8-9th. You should come by and say hi if you can. my booth is hard to miss with the drinking horns, leather work and colorful tapestries as walls.

Trying my best

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm starting my bathroom remodel, so my weekends are booked for awhile, the wife really wants her bathroom put back together. Have fun in sunny Blue Lake.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
celt

I live up in portland and have made the trek down to towcats before. Im up for going down and helping with the rearend rebuild and engine/trans swap over a long weekend if towcat and some other locals are willing to meet up and bang it out.

towcat has my number, pm me your number if you want to go this route.

punk

HOLY CRAP!!!! He IS alive!!!!

I haven't seen any posts from you in such a LONG time....welcome back!!! LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The insurance company will most certainly total it. But I would buy it back and fix it. If the frame is streight, and it most likely is, there isn't anything that would prevent that truck from being 100% again, if you don't mind doing the work yourself.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP!!!! He IS alive!!!!

I haven't seen any posts from you in such a LONG time....welcome back!!! LOL
goofy-
the guy is just insane busy and he finds time to come on down to this neck of the woods.(10 hour run each way) something about a free diesel benz brings them running:dunnocookoocookoocookoo

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The punk might be dropping by towcats....:eek::hail:D Sounds like the fixens for a bar b que at calvins... I'm in and I'll bring money for food... And just maybe a timing meter for giggles....:sly:D

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The punk might be dropping by towcats....:eek::hail:D Sounds like the fixens for a bar b que at calvins... I'm in and I'll bring money for food... And just maybe a timing meter for giggles....:sly:D
gary-
i've never built from the frame up in one weekend. we certainly have the facilities and the know-how, it's the hours in one weekend I'm concerned about. you put Mike and I together with BBq's there's manditory drinking there. I may have to let someone else run the grill this time so I can focus on getting the truck done.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I need to relocate!!! No idi crows around here except for me and BigRigTech.....unless you guys want to move to Halifax?
not a chance in hell.
you guys have rusty trucks.
that would be like going to hell for me. beautiful trucks with rotten frames.
i'm already having nightmares over that.....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The question now is, when? :D
stay tuned on this thread;Sweet
hopefully he will know soonish. i need to do something with that CC dually parked in front of the other shop asap. it would be a good thing for you though. I can clear out two trucks and get yours in after his is done.

Kilted Celt

Diesel noob
Reaction score
So I just got the notice on the value. They claim it's market value is $4,075 and are hitting me with almost $1,500 in condition so wanting to settle for $2,554.

The evaluator is a moron as he is stating that the truck has black oil, burn marks on the tail pipe and that the engine compartment has many oil leaks. (Uhm, diesel?) The seats have several rips and heavily worn, carpets are worn out and headliner is torn up as well. In actuality the seats are in great shape, carpets are too and the headliner does have two tears in it and some blood from my wife's head wound. Oh and that I have a cassette player, funny thing is that their photos and mine show a CD player.

The other thing that has my ass chapped is that the comparison sales in my area are with f250's and are in three separate states. All of the current listings of trucks for sale that are 91-94 F350's are anywhere from $3,000 to $6,000. I'm about to phone them and talk about all of this but wanted to calm down a bit before I yell at them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin