toe to toe with a cummins!

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
How do you like that liberty CRD?

Its great for highway driving and towing up to 5K. We got it for a great deal knowing it needed trans work, so it got a new pump and billet torque converter rated to 450 ft/lbs right off the bat. (As with most chrylser products the transmission is the weak point.)

Have had no issues with it. I run a Green Diesel Engineering program that gives me 4-5 mpg increase over stock (25 MPG avg) and pulls 364 ft/lbs torque. Its a cool little tractor. They are very heavy, though. 1000 lbs heavier than a Jeap Cherokee! So around town it gets only about 19 mpg, on the freeway we have seen 34 mpg...

If one of the US car makers could build a small suv with a similar motor and a 6 speed manual transmission I bet they would get 30+ mpg and outsell everything else. Its real fun to drive- the boost hits 20 psi at 2000 rpm!!

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad hates the sound, the smell, and the rattle. I mean his V10 pulls just fine, but the 11mpg TOPS he gets is a lil ridiculous. for as little as he drives the truck you'da thought he woulda grabbed a diesel. he's got an 01 with 60k miles on it. bought it new. all the miles are long range road trips typically with a 38ft camper in tow.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Its great for highway driving and towing up to 5K. We got it for a great deal knowing it needed trans work, so it got a new pump and billet torque converter rated to 450 ft/lbs right off the bat. (As with most chrylser products the transmission is the weak point.)

Have had no issues with it. I run a Green Diesel Engineering program that gives me 4-5 mpg increase over stock (25 MPG avg) and pulls 364 ft/lbs torque. Its a cool little tractor. They are very heavy, though. 1000 lbs heavier than a Jeap Cherokee! So around town it gets only about 19 mpg, on the freeway we have seen 34 mpg...

If one of the US car makers could build a small suv with a similar motor and a 6 speed manual transmission I bet they would get 30+ mpg and outsell everything else. Its real fun to drive- the boost hits 20 psi at 2000 rpm!!

Good to hear. The wife gas been looking at them ;Sweet

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running the govenor is fine. 3rd gear at 3300rpms is roughly 62mph, and pulling grades at that gear and speed with 6k was a breeze (grades that come off corners at the bottom so you start out at 55mph or so and can't get a run at it). 4th gear is 2000rpms at 60 and although it would hold it, my water temps and EGTS were lower when running 3rd.

60 mph in 3rd?? i know my speedo reads a little under what im actually doin cause of my tires, but i can only pull 50 mph in third goin down hill... :dunno

My dad tells me I rev it up too much too. When I tell him its good for the engine, he tells me I'm young and my brain isn't fully developed yet.cookoo:rotflmao

haha sounds like my old man, I'm 24 what about you?

lmao! after my dad drank a couple beers, and i explained the reputation the idis have, he was like "keep talkin like that, and im give you your money, and take the title back."

by the way, (and i know im gonna loose some respect from some members :rolleyes:) ill turn 21 in december.

my dad HATES diesels. yet, what do you imagine had to pull his dodge V10 home after he buried it in the mud/water and fried the fuel pump? yup, a diesel haha

WHY??? diesel power moves the world.

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad hates the sound, the smell, and the rattle. I mean his V10 pulls just fine, but the 11mpg TOPS he gets is a lil ridiculous. for as little as he drives the truck you'da thought he woulda grabbed a diesel. he's got an 01 with 60k miles on it. bought it new. all the miles are long range road trips typically with a 38ft camper in tow.

diesels will pull circles around gassers, and get double the mileage while doin it...

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Where my dad works they have an 87 F-250 set up for a broom attatchment on the front and a plow. (he works road construction) and while that truck has been retired from on-road duty they still keep it. He told me about it before and how much he liked it (6.9, C6) and said it was bullet proof. When i got mine he said he'll give me what i paid and drive the snot out of it.

Cant get much better (as kyle said) then a mechanical diesel with a hand shaker on tons!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
This is where I would like to interject the '99 24V truck dad drives and my 1993 N/A 7.3 truck I have.....I have wiped it's ass more than once and we BOTH knew we were racing. I even cleaned up a 1996 6.5, but I don't think that is something to brag about....

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
60 mph in 3rd?? i know my speedo reads a little under what im actually doin cause of my tires, but i can only pull 50 mph in third goin down hill... :dunno

lmao! after my dad drank a couple beers, and i explained the reputation the idis have, he was like "keep talkin like that, and im give you your money, and take the title back."

by the way, (and i know im gonna loose some respect from some members :rolleyes:) ill turn 21 in december.

WHY??? diesel power moves the world.

My truck will tag 55 and the speedo is spot on, I'm surprised I thought I was prob the youngest on here

edit: I think alienturtle and 94iditurbo7.3 are as well

FordGuy100

Reaction score
There are a couple 15-16 year olds on here....

Yes, 3300rpms with my tires in 3rd is roughly 60-62mph.

ZF's probably have a different 3rd gear ratio than the T-19. If 50mph is all you can do in 3rd, you have 4.10's.

hawaiian808

Whiplash FTW
Reaction score
65? I swear I can do 70 in my truck lol the speed limit is 65, I have a t19 with I Belive 4:10 and 36" tires, 4th is useless until 30-40

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online