toe to toe with a cummins!

Ol' Smoky

Reaction score
My entire family has been in diesel pickups since about '92, me and my brother are the only one's whos cylinders arent arranged in a straight line though

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a couple 15-16 year olds on here....

Yes, 3300rpms with my tires in 3rd is roughly 60-62mph.

ZF's probably have a different 3rd gear ratio than the T-19. If 50mph is all you can do in 3rd, you have 4.10's.

i know beyond a shadow of a doubt that my truck has 3.54s. two reasons, first: the dana 70 has its original tag. second, the diff got shelled which is why my dad bought it for a sweet deal, and i know it took his guy almost a month to track down a new 3.54 ring and pinion set. all of my speeds were double checked with my garmin GPS. my speedo is a little off, but only bout two mph at 50.

wow... i guess comparatively, im one of the old dogs... ;Really cookoo

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
haha sounds like my old man, I'm 24 what about you?

23 here, .

by the way, (and i know im gonna loose some respect from some members :rolleyes:) ill turn 21 in december.

Turnin' 17 in Nov. :thumbsup:

19 for me next march.

I think chris(IDIdirver) is 16.

i just turned 20.

Wait, so at 28, I'm middle aged?

If you are middle aged, I must be old .And other must be ancient! Bunch if you kids on here.
There are a couple 15-16 year olds on here....

Yes, 3300rpms with my tires in 3rd is roughly 60-62mph.

ZF's probably have a different 3rd gear ratio than the T-19. If 50mph is all you can do in 3rd, you have 4.10's.

A T-19 has 1.41,1.68,or 1.79 3rd gear a idi zf has a 1.42 3rd gear

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow im surprised that there are so many of us here that are under 25, yeh we all rock trucks that are almost older than all of us.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
the easiest race for the IDI to win takes 25years. In 25 years, no one will be able to find a 2008 Dodge/Cummins. The IDI is still on the road after 25 years and will probably still be on the road in 25 years.
To fix a 2008 cummins, you need a computer, specialty tools, really expensive parts. To fix an IDI you need an adjustable wrench and a vivid imagination.

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
the only chance an idi has against a cummins is if the cummins is bone-stock, carrying a big load, or doesn't know it's racing. Especially with a 12v, just having afc tuning done and a 4krpm govenor will stomp any idi on the road. AFC tuning is free and a govenor is like $60... and they're over 300rwhp at that point. Assuming they know how to correctly modify an AFC obviously.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
AFC only controls how much fuel is injected based on boost level, messing with them shouldn't net anymore power than stock, only just put more fuel in down low....right?

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFC only controls how much fuel is injected based on boost level, messing with them shouldn't net anymore power than stock, only just put more fuel in down low....right?

yup. afc controls fuel levels, air/fuel controller. i have a 450 dollar system for gas burners layin in my room. brand new haha.