To Moose or not to Moose that is my question

Twostacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, sent my pump to Mel for a Moose or Baby Moose build I'm not sure which :dunno. I was leaning towards a baby moose but it wouldn't be that much more $$$ for a Moose pump. So which way do you guys think I should go.
I don't do any hauling or racing just tow my boat every once in while.
I rebuilt the engine and I didn't go with studs didn't think I would need them like I said the truck dosen't get much heavy use. I will be adding a pyro and boost gauge as soon as I get the pump back::sly

Thanks
V.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's my recommendation. I towed a boat with the Moose Truck with it Moosed, and have the sooty boat cover to prove it. LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm thinking either way is a win win for you. How can you make a mistake with a diecsion like that. I say Baby Moose it. Whatever you do you will feel the differance..... Once you go Moose you'll never turn loose.....:angel::thumbsup::hail:sly:D

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I guess my question would also be, what kind of boat? I mean, I've got a 14 foot john boat I pull with anything, and then I have a 19 foot deep V that likes some ponies in front of it. I think the weight would help me make up my mind as well, but from the posts of others, I think either would be a good decision.

Twostacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input I guess it will be the moose build I might want to add more power at a later date:sly

Thanks
V.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK then, do I have your final answer? Full Moose it will be unless I hear otherwise.

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
You don't race and you don't sled pull,a Baby MOOSE has more than enough juice for anything your stock turbo can throw at it. It comes to you over fueling anyway- why do you need to waste even more fuel? You rich or something??? Smoke aint macho, smoke is a joke.

Twostacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't race and you don't sled pull,a Baby MOOSE has more than enough juice for anything your stock turbo can throw at it. It comes to you over fueling anyway- why do you need to waste even more fuel? You rich or something??? Smoke aint macho, smoke is a joke.

Not rich by any means :rotflmao I work for the State of NJ and Governor Christie just took a big ass bite out of my check. If I had the money I'd be driving a new Ford diesel :D I don't need to roll the coal cops don't like it much in these parts of Jersey, but I hear what your saying.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smoke is only there if you want it. If you moderate your throttle and add fuel proportional to your boost, smoke is not a big problem. Remember also that smoke is incompletely burned fuel. It is not wasted fuel. It is also not liquid coming out. There is power coming from it.

jim x 3

1988 F-350 DRW
Reaction score
Remember also that smoke is incompletely burned fuel. It is not wasted fuel. It is also not liquid coming out. There is power coming from it.

But Mel, if it was COMPLETELY burned in the engine, wouldn't it make more power? If so, I'd judge smoke to be (at least partially) wasted fuel. So I'm with Gus on this, smoke is for show. Correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW, a big thank you for all you do to moderate here, provide info, and otherwise support the OB community (e.g. via provision of parts, rally organization, and so forth). Its a lot of work and we all appreciate it.

Regards,

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Smoke is only there if you want it. If you moderate your throttle and add fuel proportional to your boost, smoke is not a big problem. Remember also that smoke is incompletely burned fuel. It is not wasted fuel. It is also not liquid coming out. There is power coming from it.

Yes sir I certainly understand that perspective on the dynamics of the air/fuel issue. The view from the other camp's perspective is that any time there is any visibly unburnt/partially burnt hydrocarbon, there is a shortage of oxygen in the mix for the amount of fuel made available. Sort of a "chicken or egg" kind of situation I suppose...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online