Tires?

Bean

Reaction score
WHat tire size, brand, tread,gears, and such do the pullin guys like to use. First pull is comin up soon so I need to be ready. :D

Hoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends a lot on the track. Hard surface less tire, soft surface more tire. I pull with my daily driver Toyo Open Country tires and they do quite well. A lot of guys like Baha Claws but if you use these on a real hard track :eek: be ready to hop!!!!

Last edited:

Bean

Reaction score
Thanx fellers. Seems like the best runs are on a AT type tire and keep the wheel speed up. Makes sense on the track conditions.

Strokin_A_Duramax

TS Performance Groupie
Reaction score
Most guys I know of use a Mud Terrain tire for a all track type...I had good luck with them..If it was soft they got traction if it was hard they would spin out instead of hop....Going to try swampers this year....:D

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
BFG AT KO's- 295/75/16 at 60 psi here:D
These are my street tires and they done quite well on the
packed, scraped, dampend clay with a truck weighing 7700 lbs.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Sorry I'm late on this one, guys.

You are going to laugh your butts off, when I tell you what I used.

Bald 235/85R16 Kuhmo M/T's on my dual wheels.

I keep telling the other guys that pulled with me, "It isn't about how much power you make. It's about how much power you can get to the ground."

I do kind of feel like a shetland pony amongst clydesdales, in here. No fancy stuff, just a basicaly stock old pickup, draggin a sled used to test antique tractors. If I got in a league with you guys, I'd probably have to get out and push.

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Bean,

I don't know about sled pullin, cause I haven't done it yet.... But, we do off-road racing and use the Goodyear 35" race tires...

We have moved on to the 37's but keep requesting for Goodyear to use the same compound and tread pattern on them as they have on the 35" tires. The 35's are a MTR pattern and the compound is very strong. We raced the entire Nevada 1000 on a single set of tires... we never had a flat, and the tires still had decent tread left when done.

They are very aggressive and can really dig in without ripping of lugs or tearing the tire.

These are not the same tire that you can go buy at a Goodyear dealer... they have a stamp on the side that says for off-road use only... you can order them from a guy here in Havasu and he can have them dropped shipped to you... You just have to make sure you request the the Race tire...

Jim Conner Racing 928-855-0912