jaed_43725

Need Quad Cab 4x4
Reaction score
I searched but could not find anything relating to tire size itself. 88' F250 4x4 regular cab C6. Currently running 285-75/16, which is equal to 33"s. My front bumper is not factory, so lots of clearance there. What size tires can I run? Are 37"s possible?

What about turning radius with larger tires? Currently I get a bit of snag at lock.
You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It looks to me like you may have to do a little fender trimming to fit 37's underneath your truck. You do need to give some more details though. Are you going to put a lift on the truck? Body or suspension lift? What is your intended use? Is this going to be a daily driver? Maybe a weekend play truck? If your front tires rub while turning now, it probably won't get better by putting larger tires on there. You may be able to cheat and buy some different rims with a different offset, but that would lead back to the fender trimming. My opinion is that if this is going to be a daily driver or mostly driven on the street, then you should leave the tire size as close to stock as possible. You'll have fewer issues that way.

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second ldibronco’s opinion for a daily driver. That does make me a bit of a hypocrite though since I run 315/75 (35 x 12.5) tiresLOL my tires perform real well and are rated at 3000 lbs load each, and they only rub when I fully crank them in a turn. If yours is a daily driver though, I would suggest going closer to a 265/75 tire. I’m getting 13.5-14 mpg with my tires, probably would get better if the tires were smaller ( and if I didn’t enjoy utilizing all the power my my rig puts out, just maybe that would help mileage :rolleyes:cookoo:D)

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
35's are a good go-to size, but a 8-9" wide wheel is best. Only minimal rubbing on the springs without spacing the wheels out extra.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7