Tire and wheel options

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^ +1; keep in mind that every inch of difference in tire size only means 1/2" difference in ride height.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I understand you only gain half the diameter difference. I put steps on the truck. I don't have any issues getting in but the wife is shorter than I am. I'm thinking I may go ahead and go 265 75 16. After discussions here and talking to a few other folks, I've heard stories of increased stability and the like with the wider tire. All annecdotal but it makes sense. That will net me about 3/4" of an inch. It's a common size and I can get them wrapped around a set of rims and shipped to the door for less than $1200.

I may look at building a set of drop brackets for the steps over the winter. We shall see.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I am running 265 75 16 now but think they look a little on the small side for me. They did gain me some better performance from my old 285 75 16 tires though. You can see how the 285 fill the rear wheel well better in the second picture. Sorry I have black wheels lol, I don't like keeping up on shiny aluminum.

You can also see my old nurf bars that made it real easy for the wifey and kids to get in.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk