timing cover removal........

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Any tips on removing one?
Does the HPOP need any special attention : timing, gear lock, etc.... :confused:
No worries on the harmonic damper....gots pullers of all sizes.........just gotta find em' :eek:

Tranny and T/Case out, just waiting fer sum help on the hood.
How much of the front support system has to come out?

Don't wanna loose the A/C charge so I'll prolly just habg the comp and condensor off one side.
Got plenty of cardboard to line the outer fenders ;Sweet

I kan prolly figger this out myself but some guidance would sure be appreciated:cheers:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok popping the engine isnt hard but you will need a helper.pull the radiator and cover the A/C condensor with alot of cardboard or a steel plate.to get the motor out withou loseing the A/C is a little tough but not bad you will need somebody to work the motor crane and you in the engine bay.you will have to hold the compressor up and to the drivers side.twist the engine to one side or the other while raising it.do same while reinstalling it.

pull the hpop off,pull the oil pan off,oil pump pickup tube and the ballancer.you dont need to worry about the timing gears.only gear you are gonna be messing with is the HPOP gear.there is no special way it gets lined up,just put it in and bolt it up.your oil pump is also in the timing cover behind the balncer.now would be a good time to check or replace it.dont ask me how to check it as i dont know cuz i just replace them if i am in that area.the timing cover and water pump gaskets are huge orings.the timing cover set is around a 100 bux from ford,i just bought one i didnt use yet.while you are there you might as well replace the water pump.ebay is the best place to get one.they are 260.00 from ford and advance or auto zone.can get a pump off ebay for 90.00 including shipping.same pump that advance and autozone sell.

also the perfect time to replace the uppipe donuts,pedistal O rings,gut the EBPV if you want.can also gut the EBPV actuator or just buy a modified pedestal from rickH over on superdutydiesel.com .replace the rear main seal

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
:thanks: Rich

Water pump is less than a year old and the rear seal was replaced when the South Bend went (*) (*) up ....remember that mess LOL ...Rubberfish's went just after cookoo

Refridge took a dump over the weekend -cuss so We had to buy a new one yesterday.....engine removal will commence tonight :D

Don't really wanna work on this engine hanging from a chain hoist .............who makes a engine stand with the capacity for our engines?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well your on your own for the motor stand.i did mine hangin from the motor crane.

sassyrel

Reaction score
get a damn good one george--thats 1000 plus hanging there-----

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online