Time to start working on Big Ed again.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well I ran into a road block and since there's a funny sounding engine and lots of adapters, I'm at a standstill until I can get the proper lines made to adapt to the current lines. I thought I had a sweet score today when a Chevy truck got dropped of to pull the front clip and it had a hydro boost setup. Sweet I though since I could just use the PS pump reservoir as it had the second return line nipple on it. Nope. Second return line nipple would be in the way of the motor mount. Ok, not a big deal, just T the existing return line. Try the Chevy high pressure lines. Nope! Fittings have a different nipples. So I called it a day on Big Ed and hopped on the lawn mower to make the grass mad for awhile.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
But you should have no problems once the blue IDI is in there...I can send you the part numbers for the lines! lmao

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I ran into a road block and since there's a funny sounding engine and lots of adapters, I'm at a standstill until I can get the proper lines made to adapt to the current lines. I thought I had a sweet score today when a Chevy truck got dropped of to pull the front clip and it had a hydro boost setup. Sweet I though since I could just use the PS pump reservoir as it had the second return line nipple on it. Nope. Second return line nipple would be in the way of the motor mount. Ok, not a big deal, just T the existing return line. Try the Chevy high pressure lines. Nope! Fittings have a different nipples. So I called it a day on Big Ed and hopped on the lawn mower to make the grass mad for awhile.
Just for curiosity's sake, if you could please post your final answer to this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, is simply T'ing the line okay, or is there an issue of too much pressure developing in the return line?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Tim, I ran Goldie's hydro boost setup T'ed for 2 years before I found the correct return reservoir and didn't experience any issues with excessive fluid buildup. I tried both hard brake and steering combinations to see if it would be an issue, but didn't experience any hiccups with it. But Darrins setup is different so I'll try it to see but won't let it leave if it doesn't perform flawlessly. :D

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Dang Darrin, Love your truck. Every time I see pics, I admire the work You've done.

The running boards look great, are those **** scraper tabs?

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Dang Darrin, Love your truck. Every time I see pics, I admire the work You've done.

The running boards look great, are those **** scraper tabs?

Thanks Rob!, Yes the tabs are Boot Scrapers, I guess now I have to start wearing Cowboy Boots so I can use them,... I guess it was an option when you ordered the boards from Ranch Hand.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score

Well sounded good when it happened Hu,..? Thanks for trying on that Ron, I wont complain about having all new lines on that system tho, Just one more thing that I wont have to worry about for a long time!

I might however complain about a Blue Hydro-boost Unit,....

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Quick Update,

Thanks to Ron for getting the Hydro boost Setup installed for me. It works Awesome! I have had the Unit for a couple of years just have not had the time to get it installed, but I knew once I dropped it off at the Dog Catchers Garage, He would geterdone.

Highly recommended upgrade!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Few more updates as we get Big Ed Road Trip Rally Ready,..

My fan shroud broke last year, I hit a pretty hard speed bump at night and it bounced into the fan taking off a blade. The Shroud was a stock one that I made into a 2 piece for easy removal.

With one blade broke off the fan it was unbalanced, so I cut the opposite blade off, no more vibration.

I also had to custom build another fan shroud, I had one sitting around, so I got it cut up, trimmed, and installed. Good to go there:

You must be registered for see images attach

Mirrors, I had purchased some new convex mirrors a couple of years ago, They were nice but I was not entirely happy with them, so I removed them:

Dug out my old mirrors, Removed the small convex stick on mirrors, bought some Bolt On Convex Mirrors, and got them installed. I am gonna like this setup a lot better:

Then I removed the Spare Tire/Jerry Can holder because it was getting loose at the hinge.

Pulled the bolt out and found that it was wearing on the threads making the whole unit loose. Got a new bolt for it, and will install that tonight:

I also got new Wiper Blades,..Sorry no pics of those but trust me, They look good, Not any cheapies either, you will just have to wait till the Rally to see those,...I know, big teaser,...;Really

:D

Thats it for now,....

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
So I started an unscheduled project tonight, and well, one thing leads to another. I decided to add an Insurance Transmission Cooler behind the grill, since the one that is installed is pretty much blocked by the new winch, and I have not liked the tranny temps that I have been seeing.

Well that turned into installing a New Grill, that had to be modified to fit, Had it for a few years, just now decided to use it.

So that comes to the part that I would like your input on, I am thinking about Paintig the Front Chrome Warn ***** Bumper.

I know,..little silly right, well stay with me for a minute..

Check out the truck, Rear Bumper is Silver, and has Diamond Plate on the top:

The New Side Steps are Silver with Diamond Plate on the top:

The Front Bumper is CHROME with Silver Diamond Plate on the top:

Here is a close up when I was installing the *****, Wish I would have thought of this then,,,

So It would only make sense to have a Matching Painted front bumper,..Right? Plus there is a number of scratches in the Chrome anyways.

How hard is it to paint Chrome? I would assume Scuff it up real good and get a good etching primer? I would use Rustoleium Hammered for paint, The Top of the bumper was painted with that years ago and it holds up very well.

Any help is appreciated, I will jump into this tomorrow evening, and see how far it goes.