Tie down hook

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't done it yet, but my plan is to put some stout angle iron on top of the bed sides and across the front, maybe 2x2x3/16 or so, then weld on some d-rings to the vertical side of the angle, which would be sticking down inside the bed.
Here's a cross section through the top of the bed side:
You must be registered for see images attach

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good points, my trailer is nothing nice, and we always used rope to tie down growing up. Cleats were great for that, and loads above the bedsides, like evergreen bushes and green waste like that.

I like the metal angle iron cap idea and have day dreamed about it. Then tying it down the sides into the floor and then......well might as well buy a dump trailer at that point cookoo

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't done it yet, but my plan is to put some stout angle iron on top of the bed sides and across the front, maybe 2x2x3/16 or so, then weld on some d-rings to the vertical side of the angle, which would be sticking down inside the bed.
Here's a cross section through the top of the bed side:
You must be registered for see images attach
I have something similar to what you described. I'm considering welding some D rings to the steel plate that's bolted to the bed for lower attachment points.

Attachments

• 20231212_172558.jpg
    20231212_172558.jpg
    541.7 KB · Views: 8

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
.well might as well buy a dump trailer at that point
Maybe, except that you already own the pickup bed trailer.
I have something similar to what you described.
I used to have a combination headache rack/bed rails like that years ago. It didn't have the expanded metal behind the rear window. but it looked pretty close otherwise. I did like it, but I don't remember what I ever did with it. I may have transferred it over to the 1975 F250 that I had for a while and let it go with the truck.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 22ft steel deck car trailer has 4 of these flush deck tiedowns. Not sure the strength of them, I usually use something more substantial when tying down a vehicle on the sides of the trailer.
In the bed of a truck, they could get packed with dirt etc... and rust.

Then there are these tracks that are pretty cool.

Did a Google search on the steel track tie downs. HF also sells these things also.

Goat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online