Throwing in the towel... anybody want my IDI?

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Ok, I will be heading out at 6AM for Cincinnati with an empty tow dolly, and 1500 pounds of DT 466 in the back of Big Ed.

I am buying the truck! I will spill the beans next week and let you all know what the plans are for it. Once I go over the truck I will decide what will happen to it but suffice it to say that it may stay in the Tosh Stable, and not end up on the lot,...well see,..

Secondary to the trip was a PM from Heath asking me to pick up the DT 466 that he bought on E-bay. It was located in Holland, about 20 minutes from me. He was wondering if I could pick it up, keep it at my shop till he was able to make the trip up and pick it up. So I hollard back and said, Hey, How about I bring it to Cincinnati on Saturday, and you can meet me there? Sweet ;Sweet That saves him about 15 hours of driving.

So we are meeting at Alans house about Noon for Heath to pick up the motor, and me to pick up the truck.

Then on the way home I plan on meeting up with Travis ;Sweet

Should be a good busy day!

Thats the update,..later,..

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that's pretty cool!!
Hey I got an idea!! Just leave the truck with Travis! From the post in the lounge sounds like he needs it!! :D Is it white? LOL

RustyBolts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I will be heading out at 6AM for Cincinnati with an empty tow dolly, and 1500 pounds of DT 466 in the back of Big Ed.

I am buying the truck! I will spill the beans next week and let you all know what the plans are for it. Once I go over the truck I will decide what will happen to it but suffice it to say that it may stay in the Tosh Stable, and not end up on the lot,...well see,..

Secondary to the trip was a PM from Heath asking me to pick up the DT 466 that he bought on E-bay. It was located in Holland, about 20 minutes from me. He was wondering if I could pick it up, keep it at my shop till he was able to make the trip up and pick it up. So I hollard back and said, Hey, How about I bring it to Cincinnati on Saturday, and you can meet me there? Sweet ;Sweet That saves him about 15 hours of driving.

So we are meeting at Alans house about Noon for Heath to pick up the motor, and me to pick up the truck.

Please, I beg you, resist the urge to Cumminize it.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darrin, a great big THANKS for picking up the DT466 for me and for hauling it all the way down to Cinnci for me. It is a big sucker, and will make for a fun project in the future.

It was also very nice to meet you Alan and I'm sorry we "rednecked" you neighborhood for a while.:D He had three IDI's in his driveway, a car dolly, an A-frame, a cherry picker, and all kinds of stuff scattered in his yard.:angel:

Heath

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Darrin, a great big THANKS for picking up the DT466 for me and for hauling it all the way down to Cinnci for me. It is a big sucker, and will make for a fun project in the future.

It was also very nice to meet you Alan and I'm sorry we "rednecked" you neighborhood for a while. He had three IDI's in his driveway, a car dolly, an A-frame, a cherry picker, and all kinds of stuff scattered in his yard.

Heath

No Doubt, Alan's home went from High Class to Redneck in about 4 minutes! and he wasn't even home to enjoy it!

Glad to help out Heath!

the Motor weighed about 1500 pounds, it was on a pallet and we had to get it from my truck to Heaths's truck. When I got off the highway to head to Alans house I saw an Equipment Rental place. I headed there and asked them if they had a fork lift, If we brought 2 trucks there would they pull the motor out of my truck and set it in Heath's. They said no problem.

So I headed to Alans' house about 4 miles away where Heath was. We unloaded our trucks and that is where all of the lawn ornaments came it. Including what Heath listed, there were also a couple of tailgates, 3 rims and tires, and a floor jack.

We headed back up to the rental place and they had the motor swapped in about 3 minutes. Saved us about an hour of sweating and cussin!

Then we headed back to Alan's house, loaded up Heaths truck, and started working on the truck that I was purchasing from Alan. I had to swap the front tires for some skinny ones so that the truck would fit on my Tow Dolly.

In the mean time I wanted to check my rear brakes. They didnt' seem to be working very good. We jacked up the back of my truck hit the brakes and the left one was not stopping, even after adjusting the shoes out. I took the wheel, spacer, and drum off to find out that Ihad a bad axle seal and the brakes were very well lubricated.

Now is about the time that Alan showed up back home,..;Sweet

Heath's dad said to clean it with break clean and should be ok for the ride home, sure enough It worked and I had great brakes heading back. Kind of important while towing another Diesel Truck!

Long day left at 6AM, got back home at 11PM, but well worth it. ;Sweet

Thanks for the Truck Alan! and keep us updated on the Porsche Project.

Like I said before I will let you all know what the plans are with the truck soon,...and no it does not include a Cummins, It will stay a good ole IDI!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It was also very nice to meet you Alan and I'm sorry we "rednecked" you neighborhood for a while.:D He had three IDI's in his driveway, a car dolly, an A-frame, a cherry picker, and all kinds of stuff scattered in his yard.:angel:

Heath
no pics?-cuss

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score

cincy is a cool place, lots of fun places to hang out on the river especially in covington. i wish i could make it up to cincy this sunday for the baltimore ratbirds vs the cincinnati bengals! who dey!

ill be curious to see what is wrong with it.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my camera was doing Halloween duty with Heidi. When I got home and finished unloading the DT466, it was 11:30pm. So, I will have photos of the engine at some point in the future...... hopefully this weekend.

Heath

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Guys I wished I would of followed this thread closely since I am just on the other side of town as Alan, I would of came right over and offered a hand...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
And why didn't Dr Heath have some ****** girls running for beer or burgers....WTH man.....:rotflmao... Yes.... Brake clean does just what it says it will do.... Funny how something these days does what it advertises it will do.... Really sounds like a fun big day to me.... Darrin, I'm just dieing to know whats right or wrong with that 6.9 motor.... I could not sleep till I figured it out thats for sure.... Glad no body lost any skin or fingers on this deal too..;Sweet

RustyBolts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to see this truck staying in the OB family. I too tried to buy the truck, but I wasn't quick enough on the draw. Good luck, and keep us posted on it's progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online