throttle spring placement

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Does anyone have a nice picture of how the throttle return spring hooks on on a '92 7.3 manny tranny?

I finally got the whole works back together, fresh heads, rebuilt oil cooler, rebuilt pump and injectors, but I can't remember how the spring hooks up.

Thanks-------Robert

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
highest_vision said:
You can just see it in this pic, underneath the fast idle solenoid.
James

Does the end closest to the air cleaner attach to the shaft of the ball that the throttle cable snaps on to? or somewhere else?

I thought it was the ball shaft, but when I first put it there , while bleeding the system , the pedal got stuck when I pushed it to the floor. I tried it in a few other spots, but too stiff, it's back on the ball shaft ( and I'm not flooring it )

Thanks----------Robert

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
Well, I just went to the garage to look to tell you for sure, but I have somehow managed to lose my injection pump. This is nice :rolleyes: I believe the spring hooks into a hole on the throttle lever, not on the ball stud. Can't remember though and can't look :mad:
James

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
highest_vision said:
Well, I just went to the garage to look to tell you for sure, but I have somehow managed to lose my injection pump. This is nice :rolleyes: I believe the spring hooks into a hole on the throttle lever, not on the ball stud. Can't remember though and can't look :mad:
James

Sounds like my shop gnomes have dropped by for a visit. Those buggers have been hiding all my parts and tools lately :backoff

--------Robert

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure James is right on this one, the spring hooks into a hole on the throttle lever and then onto a slot on the fast idle bracket if I remember right. Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger