Thoughts on single piece driveline on extended cab...

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You cant just put the blue coated male end with a slip yoke not designed for it. You got screwed by a driveline shop that OBVIOUSLY doesnt realize that billions of driveline were made before that blue ****.

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Critical speed" is why we see large diameter aluminum driveshafts on newer trucks with long single piece driveshafts. Proper driveshaft design has a critical speed (rpm) that is well over the max RPM of the driveshaft.

The longer you make a driveshaft with a fixed diameter, the lower the critical speed becomes. A large diameter aluminum or carbon fiber driveshaft is needed for the long driveshafts.

A carrier bearing allows the use of a smaller diameter mild steel shaft, keeping costs down.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You cant just put the blue coated male end with a slip yoke not designed for it. You got screwed by a driveline shop that OBVIOUSLY doesnt realize that billions of driveline were made before that blue ****.

Yup. Thank you. I appreciate someone who really knows backing me up. Just irritates me that I paid for them to screw it up.

It’s together for now and unless it gives me problems, that’s how it will be.