Thinking on picking this one up...

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish i still had mine. I would buy another one in a heart beat. They're a little weird to work on at first but pretty easy to learn. You will quickly come to appreciate NOT having things powered by vacuum in your other vehicles. Never did enjoy chasing vacumm leaks.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I very much enjoyed my '85. Of course, if I had checked the water when I bought it, I might not have locked up the engine fifteen minutes after taking ownership of her... :D

Mine was pretty well restored when I sold it. They are definitely a little weird to work on at first as Jake IN posted, and the vacuum system is something else... ;Really

The '85 was the best year, in my opinion, because they had "the blue hockey puck" that controls the shift vacuum to the transmission. Once it was dialed in, it was very reliable. It did take me about 4 days of driving it around with a vacuum gauge zip tied to the steering column to get it dialed in, but it shifts way better with it.

I averaged mid 20's with mine on the open road. Combined I would say 23-25 mpg depending on how heavy the foot was.

;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dented73

Members online