The New NMB2 build is alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never heard him rev it to no 3200 rpm??? It just sounds that way because its in an enclosed space. Surprizing how people still have to find a way to knock him down.....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I can't actually see anything. Kinda a terrible viedo. The sound is clear but seeing whats making the noise is important to me. Great to hear something come to life thats for sure. Please improve the viedo next time. Maybe some lites will help out. I'm impressed but would like to see it run on the dyno so we can actually see the numbers being made. Just seems like a lot of work went into this build only to have a very low grade viedo to show. Still I'm impressed for the work and ability thats going on here.:thumbsup:

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
He doesnt have drivelines installed yet, it was just a video to show the beast was alive. There will be more.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His turbo is actually a S362 from a Cat C-7. There's a bunch more than just that done there though.
I'm quite impressed by the cranking speed on that engine, it almost sounds like my PSD does. Lowered compression might not be such a huge detriment to starting if the cranking speed goes up like it sounds like it did.

How do you get cranking speed up? A different starter?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my congratulations to him. never doubted he would be able to get it running. his technical abilities and mechanical skills was never in doubt. problem is you can be the smartest person in the world, but you can't get along with your peers, your message will be muted.

guys.....
please restrain yourselves from giving him a bad time. it's his motor and he can do whatever he damn well pleases. the negative comments...all it will do is bring about yet another round of cross forum attacks and I really have better things to do other than check out every new member joining up and some starting up yet another flame war. if you want to give him a bad time, don't do it here. sign up on the forums he's now active at and tell it to him directly.
thanks for cooperating.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
What Towcat said......the waters are getting testy, and it's showing over there, let's keep it all civil.

justcuz

Reaction score
His buddy racinganddrumming has an interesting build too. He has taken a stock intake and split it, mounted the turbo in front passenger side of engine, with studs etc. He has maintained a stock compression ratio and does not plan too much boost. Should be interesting to see the videos of both of them running.

Nice outside the box thinking on both. Let me say this to the naysayers;

1. It is not your truck or expenditure so why do you care if they try to do something and fail. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

2. If they succeed, its free tech for you all to view and use as you please.

3. It humors me to look at many diesel forums and see all the negative comments about certain engines, then you dig around and some guy has a modified "junky" Olds 5.7 diesel he has been driving for 15 years with no problems. Or the 6.5 GM diesel that has a lowered CR and some other mods that has been as reliable as a Duramax.

4. It easy to follow he crowd and believe in conventional wisdom, but people successfully do things frequently that are out side the norm.

I had a question that myself and another member here brought up. He is using a GM Stanadyne DB4 pump and says it runs in reverse of the Stanadyne IP for the Ford.
Couldn't you change the injector lines on a reverse rotation pump to deliver fuel in the same order as the Ford IP. A IP is just like a distributor on a gas engine correct? The fuel is delivered and timed through the IP so why could you not just change the injector lines to match the firing/fuel delivery order regardless of the way the pump turned.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
The start up didn't seem that bad to me:dunno Like Brad said, definitely no 3000+rpm's. I do hope when all is said and done, NMB2 gives a quality video with multiple cameras to show his results and presents them in a manner that is indisputable.

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
Why was this thread even posted?

If you want to follow his build do so on PSN, and stop bringing it over here just to rehash things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online