"Tank" my 91 Crew Cab Dually

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pulled out the modified 6.0 harness and finally put the harness from Wes in. Looks so much better. Takes up less room too. Here they are side by side on the driveway.

You must be registered for see images attach
Your old one is tons better than mine! LOL

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your old one is tons better than mine! LOL

Yeah it was better than my old one too lol!

She did finally fire. Doesn't quite sound right but I'm always paranoid when stuff doesn't work right away anyway. It's possible the timing is off but it still runs fine so idk. Just sounds a little more clattery than normal. Drove it into town for fuel and groceries. Started up fine at the grocery store.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's definitely got a little more clatter. Started fine this morning. It doesn't feel enough different to be off a whole tooth, I'm hoping it's just off a degree or two. I'm planning on running WMO on the trip so that little extra advance could be a good thing.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the oil changed yesterday. Way overdue and I was still running the 10w30...

Today I changed out the front shocks and wired in my warranty replacement FSV. Also going by pressure added about 12oz of refrigerant to the AC. I'm hoping it's only because of the issue last week where the high pressure relief blew out a few times from getting too hot idling.

I got a glasspack that I was going to toss on but I decided that project could wait for another day.

Still need to drop the rear tank and clean out the chunks of the old strainer that has been plugging the feed line. Leaving Sunday morning so I'm running out of time.

Looks like the rain finally stopped. Back to work now!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and a couple days ago I got some nasty injector knock and then the clatter went away and it sounds like it used to. I'm not sure what it was but it must have been something in the lines.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was most of a tattered heat shield hanging off the HVAC box when I replaced the evap core...

So I did this

Foil backed fiberglass duct insulation that I taped in place and covered in foil tape. It's not as fancy as the old piece, but for $20 I won't complain. Should help the AC some. I also taped shut the leaks in the HVAC box around the edges where the lines for the evap core go through.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that was.... Interesting. I'm glad I'm driving a Dually now. Kingsville Ohio.

I got it changed and we're back at it.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that happen yesterday on our way down to Tennessee. Glad you were able to stay safe though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had that happen yesterday on our way down to Tennessee. Glad you were able to stay safe though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yeah I was glad for the Dually. I'm pulling a trailer but not a camper!

Gotta get to my Uncle's south of St. Louis so I can cut that crimped tailpipe off and change the fuel filter out.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I nearly had that happen to me on a front tire years ago. The middle tread block had a nice bulge by the time I stopped to refuel.

It was actually an old, never used spare that came with the truck. The nibs were still on it and it was recently put on because of a problem with a different tire on the rear, so pressure was correct.

It hurt the wallet, but I stopped buying used tires that day.

Glad you're ok. And hopefully the damage to the bed isn't too bad.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I nearly had that happen to me on a front tire years ago. The middle tread block had a nice bulge by the time I stopped to refuel.

Yeah me too actually. I believe at the time I just tossed a rear on the front. Blew one on my old rusty white Chevy and nearly ripped off the side of the utility bed!

Glad you're ok. And hopefully the damage to the bed isn't too bad.

Yeah it's not awful but it hurts to see it. The fiberglass fender took the brunt of it but I should be able to patch it up. I'm glad this is a clean truck. A normal NY truck and the bedside would be laying on the road LOL

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It hurt the wallet, but I stopped buying used tires that day.
I learned that lesson several years ago too. After about 7 years, tires just seem good for the scrap heap. If all I did was to stay in town and drive 40 or so, I'd drive them until the air showed through, but at least 98% of my driving is highway. Not only have I not had a blow out (on my trucks) since I started buying new tires, but the rate of normal flats has gone WAY down too.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These were new... ish. They're actually recaps but realized yesterday that I've had them for four years now so the casings are probably past due.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I learned that lesson several years ago too. After about 7 years, tires just seem good for the scrap heap. If all I did was to stay in town and drive 40 or so, I'd drive them until the air showed through, but at least 98% of my driving is highway. Not only have I not had a blow out (on my trucks) since I started buying new tires, but the rate of normal flats has gone WAY down too.

Yup, I was 90% highway too. One close call like that was enough for me to change my practices. I like a bargain as much as the next guy, but here I made an exception. Besides, many used tires were overpriced anyway. Paying 50% of retail for a tire with 50% tread isn't much of a bargain. I don't know if used tires are priced like that everywhere else, but in my neck of the woods, the 10 ply variety rarely came with a true discount.