Supercharged IDI Smok'n Bronco Build Thread

rembrant88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ohh but that cackle is sweet music! those mercedes diesls just don't do it for me.... :dunno

So true. But there will be some supercharger noise to make up for that. You just can't beat the sound of the old idi though. You know, if the safety inspection and restrictions weren't so in your face in Utah I think I would have still gone with a 6.9. My only problem was going to be the axles. I don't trust him not to break dana 44's and full size ford axles would have been to wide for street use where he works in Salt Lake. The cops down there can be pretty stingy when it comes to giving a man some slack. I would have been happy to shorten some axles for him but it's more of a budget build. I don't know, maybe the 44's would have done alright. What axles are under your scout? I can't remember.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Woa, woa, woa....Not MY sister. YOUR sister. And pics of your wife in the shower? Ummm...well, okay. If you must.

SWS

rembrant88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woa, woa, woa....Not MY sister. YOUR sister. And pics of your wife in the shower? Ummm...well, okay. If you must.

SWS

LOL A simple misunderstanding....

I think the machine shop needs to get my parts done so I don't start with the distracting pics like Towcat. I'm getting impatient over here.

rembrant88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided not to go with an extension for the supercharger the way I had planned. I want to utilize an Eaton m90 snout that's been lying around and have it machined to accept an adapter. I think that with a housing, rubber coupler and more bearings there will be less chance of anything occurring by way of flex between the supercharger and shaft mounting positions. I don't think it would take much to cause stress fractures. So this is my new idea, but I'm having trouble getting a machine shop to get it done for me. They haven't said it wouldn't work, maybe I just don't look like I can afford it :dunno. I have one more shop to check with tomorrow and if they won't take care of it for me than I'll have to get it done out of state. I'm not an engineer, so maybe some of you engineering types can tell me if the idea looks sound. Give me some machining tools and a couple hours and it'd be good to go.

You must be registered for see images attach
"]
You must be registered for see images attach
[/URL]

Last edited:

rembrant88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the m90 shaft, assuming I get things done this way, I would buy a Pulley Boys Qwickchange kit and have 8 rib pulleys instead of the 6 rib Magnuson pulleys. That at least leaves me the option of going with an 8 rib belt. With the 8 rib I could decrease tension and still avoid slip as well as belt wear. The more pressure I keep off the crankshaft the happier I will be.

rembrant88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to dyno test it stock with headers and torque cam I have decided. It's still taking time to get my pulley worked on. I assembled the front end and got the front shocks mounted up. I need 10" shocks for the rear so I sold the 12" travel ones I had. I also got the rear shackle reversal completed.

Photo bucket won't let me upload pics for some reason so I'll have to figure out what's up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online