Superchared diesel inside here...

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I got the passenger side header installed. But somehow, my dipstick is now missing. Not sure which one of my parasites took it, but I can't find it now. None the less, started pulling out the oil cooler to add a larger shim under the spring so I can be sure to have pressure at hot idle. The IC is a 3" inlet and outlet that I have had lying around for a few years. I need to get it all put toghther, but something ALWAYS comes up. Like today...it just started to rain.

SWS

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
This is what they looked like after hours of cleaning them prior to adding the paint. Because they are some sort of off design, they pass side collector is at a different location than the drivers side. So, I have to do some more working. I am making/building a new crossmember for it as we speak as well. More work and it seems like I am not getting any closer.

SWS

Attachments

• IMAG0132.jpg
    IMAG0132.jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 188

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I will have to get picks of how I made my y-pipe with those headers. It's 3" till the y.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a set of headers for the turbo or did you decide to stay with the SC and make a turbo for it?

Blownoiler

Reaction score
I threw a rootes blower onto my 2.4 Toyota IDI a few years ago, the blower whine sounded great for the first week, then started to get a bit annoying. 6 months later it was driving me nuts, it reminded me of a dentists drill! Since then I have learned that you can muffle a lot of the noise with a well engineered and insulated blower inlet pipe. Thick plastic is what I see on a lot of factory inlet systems, it seems to dampen a lot of the intake roar. The later design screw compressors are much quieter than the older roots design but are way too expensive for budget builds. I run a turbo on that 2.4 now, and enjoy the quiet!

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info man. I plan on running both on my setup. So if it bothers me that much I will change it. I doubt it will though cus I can tune stuff out really well. Even the seatbelt ding. :D

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Those are the Stans Headers. They fit like a glove, and hopefully will make it have better take off. My inlet is the factory intake tube off of a powerstroke, so it is rubber. As far as the turbo goes, I am going to put the turbo after the "Y" on the outside of the frame on the passenger side. So far, it was working just like I wanted, but the noise...I love this thing, but have been super busy.

One of the guys at work has a brother-in-law who has been diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer. With about a year left to live, the medical bills are going to break the family. I started building bass lures and selling them for $5 a pop and donating all of the money to his family. All that while waiting for parts to get cut and dealing with the rain...and fishing, has taken its toll on my Bronco work. I should be back on it in a few days with a new crossmember built and the exhaust SHOULD fall together...but I am almost out of gas for my MIG and will have to get that filled too. Delays, but most of it is for a good cause.

If someone wants to buy the blower setup, I will sell it in the spring/summer of next year if I can get my oil lines and pump by that time.

SWS

tom37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW !!! I'v been off the grid for a day or two, and it looks like you are moving right along.

Did you ever come across a timing meter? Or just setting by ear for now?

I have developed a low end miss, cleans out when the rpm's climb.

Stop by sometime man, would like to chat with ya about what a turbo kit is worth. I got a guy out west looking to sell one, Maybe.

Im driving a gray GMC extended for work now, so if its here chances are that I am home, provided the ford is here as well.

Blownoiler

Reaction score
Those are the Stans Headers. They fit like a glove, and hopefully will make it have better take off. My inlet is the factory intake tube off of a powerstroke, so it is rubber. As far as the turbo goes, I am going to put the turbo after the "Y" on the outside of the frame on the passenger side. So far, it was working just like I wanted, but the noise...I love this thing, but have been super busy.

One of the guys at work has a brother-in-law who has been diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer. With about a year left to live, the medical bills are going to break the family. I started building bass lures and selling them for $5 a pop and donating all of the money to his family. All that while waiting for parts to get cut and dealing with the rain...and fishing, has taken its toll on my Bronco work. I should be back on it in a few days with a new crossmember built and the exhaust SHOULD fall together...but I am almost out of gas for my MIG and will have to get that filled too. Delays, but most of it is for a good cause.

If someone wants to buy the blower setup, I will sell it in the spring/summer of next year if I can get my oil lines and pump by that time.

SWS

Sorry to hear about your workmates cancer, I have watched both my mother and auntie recover from "terminal cancer" over the last 4 years, my mother was diagnosed with bone cancer, while my aunty had cancer all through her body. They both sidestepped chemotherapy, had some injections of various conventional treatments, and both consumed "apricot kernels" which are available on the net at a very affordable price ($50. for 3 months supply), both of them are now cancer free, you might like to research this treatment further !

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Okay. Final drive impressions. The Headers made an OBVIOUS difference in the way the throttle responds. At idle, it revvs freeley now with no load, it revvs like a gasser. Before it was slower to rev and did not have the "crisp" response. Driving it, there is definately better/more mid throttle response. If I had to do it again, no blower and headers. The boost is nice, but the noise is just too much. I have a layer of sound deadner and the factory layer (before I had neither) and it was really loud. After the install, it is not as bad, but I just can't see driving with momma and the kids and having them have to yell to talk to eachother.

I have not timed it yet, but bet it is close. I ran it on oil and then on diesel. There is definately a difference in the two. The oil makes more power at whatever it is timed now. I think my milage is pretty good, but since I dont filll it with a pump, it is hard to say. I kinda go by how far the needle moves and how many gal. it takes to put it back in the same place on the dash. Seems to be about an average of 15.

Blower setup is for sale if anyone wants it. I WILL include an old style blower that needs to be rebuilt. I will not sell the one on it currently.

SWS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7