Subways DT360 into my 94 F350

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Nice, i think that would be a lot easier to upgrade than tracking down a p pump.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Nevrenoughhp I think was his name. I'm Friends with him on Facebook. He said you can go to 12 mm plungers on the a, and they run great. Also said a p3000 pump is less aggressive than the 7100 and could make very impressive power. I did gain a little more top end by turning my throttle stop in 1.5 turns. Just ordered a billet wheel for a HE351 I'm having built. Really itching to dyno run it before the swap...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

subway

Reaction score
Well I could use some thoughts. I have this transmission.

You must be registered for see images attach

Its a 6853 b, I need another bellhousing, rear yoke, clutch disk, shifter and maybe the rear drum to make this work. It is an overdrive though.

I found this on Craigslist.
http://york.craigslist.org/hvo/5574012350.html

I tried looking up the spec sheet. It's not an overdrive but it looks like the rear yoke is the same part number between transmissions.

It also looks like I can use the bellhousing and shifter. I would still need another clutch disk though and It's 150.

So I would still be buying a new clutch disk but I think I would get the rest covered. Can anyone confirm if I move forward or maybe I should hold out for something else. Even a 9 speed or something.

Thanks

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It may or may not be helpful (wasn't very helpful for me when I called eaton) to give Spicer a call or email to talk to them about what crosses over and what doesn't. Eaton just wanted me to buy a reman'ed trans rather than look up and cross reference parts to convert my FS to and FSO.

Heath

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
is adding a brownie box and selling your new to you transmission an option? No clue if that's a good idea, just throwing it out there...

subway

Reaction score
With my divorced transfercase I don't have enough room anymore for another brownie box. That would be a lot of drive shafts to lol

I might try to contact the guy and just load my transmission in the back and try a direct compare. He did confirm it is a sae 2 housing like i need.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3.08 gears an option? I don't know how much time and money you are going to have invested in this trans deal but it might be worth looking into. I know you can get them for the rear. Less certain about the front. What ya got up there? D60 right? I know the taller gear puts more strain on things but unless you are going to haul really heavy, I'd say mechanical advantage is mechanical advantage.

Edit: Never mind. Seems that 3.55 is as low as they go for some reason.

Last edited:

subway

Reaction score
Yea 3.08 were available at one time and they are out there but very rare. I have looked at several threads where people have searched and found some, then when they went to order found out they were discontinued.

subway

Reaction score
Yes it is a shifter assembly from a cab over. I have not found a regular shifter assembly off hand by itself. I figured I would need to buy another for parts or re sell this one.

Well 2 steps forward and one back. I noticed what look like metal shavings on my wheel at the gas station. I start poking around and found my lug nuts were loose. Great, then I could not find my lug wrench in my truck. I know I had it not sure where it went. So I tightened them as much as I could and slowly head the 2 miles back home. I stopped along the way and re tightened but only made it about a mile.

I was taking it real slow so it was not even scary when it dropped. It sure was disappointing though. My family was in the truck watching the tire roll down the road. I am not sure what happened. I am pretty **** about using a torque wrench. Even the other side was not real tight. So I ran the mile home, watched a cop drive by and got another lug wrench and my big jack. I looked over the brakes and didn't see anything obvious so I hammered it back together and stole 4 lugs from the other side and babied it the rest of the way home.

In my opinion the rim is done, so is the drum and probably the brake shoes.

subway

Reaction score
Looks like a good time to switch to a full floating axle. I have one I have been saving but some water got in the housing. This is the worst section. I cleaned it up with a wire wheel. Think I can run it?

It's even a limited slip, I would rather not do a gear swap if I can avoid it. I was even looking at just buying a whole other axle if I could drop it in for 100 to 150. I will spend that on the brake drums alone. I will see what I can find but need the truck for camping next weekend. No pressure lol

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Another reason I hate aluminum wheels. Get some nice steel wheels. I wouldn't be afraid to run that gear. Clean it up good, run cheap fluid a few hundred miles, then change it out for good stuff.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine looked like that. John nailed my plan. I cleaned it up best I could with some scotchbrite then washed it all up good. There was a little pitting but not much if any on the actual pattern are of the gear. I think it will be fine.

subway

Reaction score
I updated the other thread but I found another housing with all of the brake assembly to drop my gears in. Here we go, it's nice sometimes to have an old run around vehicle.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is awesome. I thought I had seen everything but I've never seen a sterling in the trunk of a cavalier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calroc