Subways DT360 into my 94 F350

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Somebody's getting a 6853-B Sunday. I pulled a trans for him! Lol.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
.695 5th OD ratio! That's a good n deep one. I feel like that will work well.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I was doing some poking around and the transmission I am getting has some very similar ratios to a gasser zf5 or a nv4500. Now that I switched jobs and have more highway the lack of overdrive and lower revving engine are really starting to show.

last night I got some little things wrapped up. I just ended up using my tractor to pull my 5th wheel up. I not a big fan of doing that but it didn't slip at all in the mud.

After that I got the vacuum pump mounted in, secured the power steering reservoir and ordered the parts for my air filter. Baby steps.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah. I think I know where that's going. ;Sweet

You got enough length for that? Pre tcase or post?

Okay. I know I'm late to the party and all but hey, cut me some slack...I'm working on my day off.

-cuss

subway

Reaction score
Ah. I think I know where that's going. ;Sweet

You got enough length for that? Pre tcase or post?

Okay. I know I'm late to the party and all but hey, cut me some slack...I'm working on my day off.

-cuss

Working on your day off, now why would you go and ruin a perfectly good truck day for that!

This is a replacement for my transmission to get an overdrive transmission. It should not be hard to bolt in. I should be able to use the same bellhousing and drive shaft. It's the mounts that I might have to re make. We will see when I get it.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Working on your day off, now why would you go and ruin a perfectly good truck day for that!

This is a replacement for my transmission to get an overdrive transmission. It should not be hard to bolt in. I should be able to use the same bellhousing and drive shaft. It's the mounts that I might have to re make. We will see when I get it.

As much as I like working on my truck, I like to eat more. Thank a big government screw-up for this one. A 1000X screw up on a spec sheet caused this to go from no-bid to bid and once I called them on it they pushed the deadline to encompass my freaking vacation I was supposed to go on next week. So now it has to be done before I leave on vacation. I'm less than happy but it's par for the course.

[emoji20]

Sounds like a plan to me. I thought it was an overdrive unit because I can't devote adequate brain power to solving important problems like how do you get overdrive and how I get my engine ordered. You know, the really critical stuff instead of the crap I'm working on.

subway

Reaction score
Met up with Jon today to pick up the transmission. This is a big transmission! Lol unfortunately I am not sure how this is going to work yet. I was hoping that I could put my bellhousing on and some other parts since they are both spicer transmissions. Unfortunately not so much the case here. I made some calls and I will see what I can get worked out.

Otherwise the 4 hrs of driving the highway through the mountains the truck did great. Without the overdrive I kept the speed about 55 to 60. Pyro was usually about 500 and coolant was running about 170 the whole way. The other big surprise, I pulled down 18.3 mpg! Running an overdrive should help or at least let me run faster more comfortably.

Was cool to meet up with Jon again and drive another dt swap, It felt very similar. I think his has a little more go and rpm range with the transmission but it was pretty toe to toe. thanks Jon for helping me out, wish I could have spent more time b.s. ing but the kids were hungry.

subway

Reaction score
Some catch up pics of the vacuum pump and power steering reservoir.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Good meeting up man. Was good getting a feeler on another truck. Hope something can work out with the trans.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk