Stupid question I'm sure but ...

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I asked the same question about a year ago, same place as gandalf showed in his picture, it's a test port that has the same thread as most senders...
P.S. Gandalf, good job on keeping your truck clean.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
The test port and out put line are the best locations for the sender. Fluid in the pan is considerably cooler than the fluid in the tranny or converter.

performancelaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the location at the side of the pan. That seemed to me to be the best overall location. I also used a somewhat larger transmission pan with a drain plug. Below is a picture of my E4OD, with the temp sensor.

You must be registered for see images attach

I tried that. The prob that reads the temp is to big to go inside. I can't seem to figure it out.

ManicMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried that. The prob that reads the temp is to big to go inside. I can't seem to figure it out.

I have a autometer gauge, the probe i put in is A LOT longer then the little plug that came out. It'll fit in there, don't worry.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with the location at the side of the pan. That seemed to me to be the best overall location. I also used a somewhat larger transmission pan with a drain plug. Below is a picture of my E4OD, with the temp sensor.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sir, your rust is missing!!

Thanks for this picture, I was actually about to do this also!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tranny fluid returned from the rad or/and aux. cooler/heat exchanger is NOT dumped back into the pan, it is routed to the bearings and clutches to keep them cool. The line going to the heat exchanger be it rad or aux. the flow/volumn is governed by an orfice in the rear outlet fitting. The pump pressure test port will give you an accurate temp reading from the pump. Also the line to the cooler(s) will do the same, as the fluid is directly from the pump. The above picture of the sensor is mounted in the pressure test port. Damn, that is one clean machine. :D

gandalf

Reaction score
Sir, your rust is missing!!

Thanks for this picture, I was actually about to do this also!

Rust? Whats that? We don't have no stinking rust out here. Remember, this is a California truck. I think it may have NEVER seen snow. I think if it ever hit snow and ice it would handle like a drunken pig on ice.

You want rust? Ask Towcat about my Caravan. It spent five years or so in Maine, parked on the dirt. Or look at my Montero. It's been everywhere from Georgia to Alaska to Maine.

OldBull, remember, that's a brand new pan you're looking at. I think maybe the shadows hide most of the dirt.

Attachments

• DSCF5583.JPG
    DSCF5583.JPG
    930.2 KB · Views: 5

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You want rust? Ask Towcat about my Caravan. It spent five years or so in Maine, parked on the dirt. Or look at my Montero. It's been everywhere from Georgia to Alaska to Maine.
it's amazing that caravan is still holding together. in short, there's no way in hades that caravan will pass a safety inspection. Ken's lucky kali (as screwed up as kali already is) doesn't have a safety inspection.:eek::eek::eek:

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
it's amazing that caravan is still holding together. in short, there's no way in hades that caravan will pass a safety inspection. Ken's lucky kali (as screwed up as kali already is) doesn't have a safety inspection.:eek::eek::eek:

hey man caravans are tough! they never die! i used to have one that we used as a field runner. the hell that thing went threw it should of died long before i sold it! between four wheeler tracks and jumping ditches there wasnt much left of it. then some guy bought it for his wife as a wedding present :rotflmao. i only paid $180 for it and they delivered it to me ;Sweet that thing was a beast and sounded like a pissed off bumble bee cookoo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online