Steering wheel puller bolts 89 F350

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know what bolts fit in the 2 holes to pull steering wheel off, I have a puller I found but no bolts, What size, length etc??? Thanks for any info

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't remember exactly, but I'm thinking on my 91 they were 5/16 bolts. Length kinda depends on what puller you use. Most auto parts stores loan the puller out for just a deposit. The puller should have the correct bolts with it.

If you're not having luck with standard threads, 8mm is close to 5/16 and 10mm is closest to 3/8.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I don’t know the exact size but this is the Lisle part I used to pull my 1991 steering wheel off a few times. Worked great.

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't remember exactly, but I'm thinking on my 91 they were 5/16 bolts. Length kinda depends on what puller you use. Most auto parts stores loan the puller out for just a deposit. The puller should have the correct bolts with it.

If you're not having luck with standard threads, 8mm is close to 5/16 and 10mm is closest to 3/8.
I went today and picked up starter, got some 8mm bolts they start but don't go very far, I am gonna try them, first gonna spray the shaft after taking the nut off let it set and hopefully it will come off with no problems.. If not I will try some 3/8 bolts.. and I found out today they have changed the starters, No nosecone, they thought maybe it was the wrong starter in the box they got from Wharehouse, nope all 7 they had were the same.. so hopefully tomorrow I get a chance to put it on, I will take a pic and post it up... The one that came off was the Mitsubishi Japanese starter so we will see, im sure it will work it just unnerves me when they change crap and even the parts pictures haven't been updated

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the 8mm starts you need 5/16. 3/8 would be way big if 8mm starts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance