Started running WMO blend

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been adding filtered WMO to mu fuel for awhile now. Decided to blend prior to pouring it in the tanks. I added 3 gallons of WMO to 5 gallons of fuel last wek. I then filter the mix into my tank. Great results so far and
my fuel bill has dropped dramatically.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gunz
Cool another truck running on wmo.;Sweet;Sweet
Kinda keep track of your mpgs, see if it changes.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been running a little WMO in my fuel for a long time, Finally decided to up the mix to so real savings. I have been adding about a gallon to each full tank Just adding it in on top the fuel. Now that I am mixing it before I can run a richer blend . I can seee how thick the fuel is beofre I add it so I feel alot more comfortable mixing higher ratios.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another stupid question, Do I need to run 2 cycles if I am running WMO mix? Seems like I have lubrication covered already with WMO blend.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would agree, I figured the amounts of wmo that everyone is using has way more lubricating effect then other stuff a person was adding before. Fuel additives like Howes, Power Service, thats a little different.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I used to work at the airport I got jet fual. it has prist in it, it kept the system clean and free from freezing, I just added oil for lubrication.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
You might be careful with that.. Many claim mixin wvo and wmo causes emulsified goat vomit

I have heard that to but it worked fine in the 3-4 tanks I ran mixed in. That was a short run though.

mtran

I`ll improve my Eng
Reaction score
Don`t mix WMO and WVO,3 tanks is nothing,better use WVO ONLY in hot days.
You can`t find WMO?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Don`t mix WMO and WVO,3 tanks is nothing,better use WVO ONLY in hot days.
You can`t find WMO?

sometimes i run short on WMO and i have a regular supply of WVO from a resterant. hence the mixing to keep my fuel bill down, i would like to make bio but dont have the time right now to set up a reactor.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jred
If outside temp wasn't a problem, wouldn't running wvo be better. Or does wvo coke up rings quicker??
I thought that by processing it a person would be losing a certain amount of fuel. For example, maybe, 1 gal of wvo would equal .85 gal of bio diesel:dunno
My numbers are just pulled out of thin air, I dont know if thats the conversion.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
sometimes i run short on WMO and i have a regular supply of WVO from a resterant. hence the mixing to keep my fuel bill down, i would like to make bio but dont have the time right now to set up a reactor.

My uncle has a chinese restraunt (typical i know.) but i mixed some wvo (some fryer blend stuff) not straight corn or soybean oil and it literally looked like goat vomit. The wvo was settled and filtered. So i stick with wmo now. That was with my ooooold 91 crew dually.

gearhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mixing a little bit of wmo in wvo or vice versa doesn't typically mess stuff up.IE a gallon of WVO into a full tank of WMO won't have problems.If you try to run 25% or greater WVO into oil then have fun cleaning out emulsified sludge from fuelines,filters and what not..

in general run either WMO OR WVO not both.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle