Something neat on YouTube

DragRag

Reaction score
I didn't see the report from the dyno reading on there at all. 345 rwhp is pretty high for one of these gutless wonders. I know he's been putting a lot of time and money into his engine to get it. But........worth it, not really IMO. In the long run stuffing a cummins in there would be a better option, or just buying a newer truck that you can just reprogram to get higher numbers then that with ease. Yes he's done a good job with his engine IMO, I personally just don't think it's really worth the trouble or expense.

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not so neat. I didn't see any broken nor flying parts.

As soon as I get my timing set, I want to dyno my truck.

I want to hit 300/500.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not so neat. I didn't see any broken nor flying parts.

As soon as I get my timing set, I want to dyno my truck.

I want to hit 300/500.
Have you changed the cam? likely will be closer to 225/440 if not.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO its an idi truck which should keep the motor it has. He pushed the build above and beyond. His money his time his toy. We all have those toys that are not worth it. As far as getting a new chipped truck idk anyone who has that kinda cash to void the war to chip a truck that's gonna fall apart in givin time. sweet numbers on that truck. He posted a total cost around 16k on that truck alot cheaper than 50,000 and it will be a classic soon just like a 69 fast back. That's IMHO well worth it to be different an have the cool factor not everyday or everyone can say there idi makes 345rwhp. New chipped truck is not very cool its bolt on boring. But that's just my thought.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dyno dindt really load the truck up too well either.
And it was dynoing low. Trucks that made 170-180 last time only did like 130 this go around.

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I haven't met anyone that did the cam change. Considering the time it takes to swap cams, I'll add an intercooler and fresh air intake next.

A cam swap may never happen.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cam swaps not to bad if you have another car. We pulled the top off in about 6 hours so my guess whole job would be about 15 hours with timming if you have the right tools.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol I don't think you need a dummy book. After it comes time and I finish the bottom end all take notes an pics an I could pm them if you wanted but the motors being built on a slow budget so it will be a good few months to cyro treat the pistons and buy studs and stuff. Also waiting for hypermax hg/studs package.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is RacinNdrummin's truck dyno. He dynoed at 341 at 26psi. He had enough fuel for about 400hp with the 158cc he is now running. He just kept boost down with the wastegate and does have more power available if he upped it a bit. Also the dyno read quite low too.

Also like was said before, NMB2's truck has more available too when it gets loaded better next time. I look forward to seeing them dyno on the Mustang dyno next weekend and seeing the torque too.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-x-r50vr6jg

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is RacinNdrummin's truck dyno. He dynoed at 341 at 26psi. He had enough fuel for about 400hp with the 158cc he is now running. He just kept boost down with the wastegate and does have more power available if he upped it a bit. Also the dyno read quite low too.

Also like was said before, NMB2's truck has more available too when it gets loaded better next time. I look forward to seeing them dyno on the Mustang dyno next weekend and seeing the torque too.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-x-r50vr6jg

I hope to see there new numbers next weekend too.
I love the way racindrumins truck looks..lots of power too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online