Soft brake pedal

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya , I tried to get one from him but he only has one and doesn't want to part with it. Couldn't find one anywhere else.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly the only yard we had closed down. It sucks. But I'm pretty sure the lines are the same size in / out so it should be easy to find a union for it.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was only used in special applications. If you have to pass safety inspections in your state, be aware that might not pass if they notice. You can get rabs valves from rock auto. Reman from summit is 117$.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live rural and don't have to pass smog or anything. I'm going to toss a union on it and see if that fixes it. If so, I'll get a replacement. If not, I'll toss it back on and try replacing the master. Thanks for all of the help guys. I'll update shortly.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the new master in the mail today. Bench bleed and tossed it on. Re-bleed everything , still soft. I guess at this point I will have to take it in and get ***** if I want good brakes.

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had similar issues with my shuttle bus after putting on new shoes. Bled the **** out of it including the Rabs with no improvement. Replaced the master and still nothing. Couldn't find the proper union to bypass the Rabs but I did find 3 fittings that did the trick at Auto Zone...sorry but I don't recall the sizes and it didn't work anyway. Went back to the rear wheels and re-adjusted the stars (a lot!) and finally the peddle came back.

I know you said you did that already but I thought mine were good at first as well.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've adjusted them several times. I even adjusted them out to where they were dragging and it didn't get any firmer. :dunno

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not replaced hoses. I don't see any bulging and if they were swelling internally wouldn't that just make the brakes drag?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I can say is I had the same issues as you with the soft pedal and new hoses fixed it, I did have issues with dragging brakes and it fixed that as well.

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a thought, but did you check the booster pushrod to master cylinder gap? I think it's supposed to be just a hair under an inch (0.980-0.995?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online