Soft brake pedal

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm , maybe drill a hole in a spare cap , put a nipple in it and hook the vacuum bleeder up ? Would that work?

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Years ago I spent days trying to bleed the brakes on my old ford . Turned out that I had switched the calipers and the bleeders were facing down , which allowed an air pocket to not bleed out. Ever since then I check the bleeders lol.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’ve bled everything I’d be suspicious of the master. I assume it’s a Parts store reman? Not like those are known to be 100% reliable. Maybe check your fittings all over closely. I fought a couple leaks for a while before I finally got them all sealed up good.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya just a cheap-o AutoZone master. I'll see if I can find the receipt so I can exchange it. It's definitely not leaking anywhere. I' also going to hook my vacuum pump up to the master cap and see if it pulls any more air out.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turns out I got it at rockauto so can't really exchange it. But if it was the master wouldn't the pedal bleed straight to the floor? Mine doesn't completely bleed out, it's just really soft.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turns out I got it at rockauto so can't really exchange it. But if it was the master wouldn't the pedal bleed straight to the floor? Mine doesn't completely bleed out, it's just really soft.

I'm not sure on your soft pedal but RockAuto will warranty it if it's bad. Problem being you'll have to pay return shipping... Just wanted to make sure you know.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking it was a close out sale , no returns kinda thing. But thank you.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I gravity bleed, I made an adapter to put a 1gal milk jug on top of my master (AKA a spare cap and some epoxy and a knife cut hole LOL).

Fill her up, crack all bleeders open with hoses running to the bottom of clean containers, wait until it's half gone (takes quite a while), close RR, RL, FR, FL in that order and check the brakes.

If it's still soft, I bleed the RABS the same way.

I also did the same style adapter for my vac pump with an RTV seal, just a little hand jobber pump.

If it's still soft, I'll open one of the bleeders at a time and draw almost all of the brake fluid from that container back into the system using the vac pump and a couple of the catch bottles, close it and move on to the next.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hooked my vacuum pump up to a spare cap and couldn't pull a vacuum on it. Thought it might be leaking from the lid so I hot glued the crap out of the cap and reservoir to make a good seal and still couldn't pull a vacuum .... I will try gravity bleeding them.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just pulled the hex plug on the rabs and re-bleed everything. Still soft pedal, and abs light on. If the master was leaking internally wouldn't the pedal bleed completely to the floor?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Just depends. The master has two sections.
So when you're bleeding, does it seem like one corner or another has more pressure or volume come out?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They all seem to have about the same pressure. I guess I'll have to toss a master at it and see what it does. As far as the rabs , where is the plug to pull codes? I couldn't find it under the dash.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I don't even know what truck you have. Lol
On my 94, it's a single wire connector under the glove box area. Blk/org Iirc.
I think I'm running a orielly master.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online