Soft brake pedal

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I cannot get these brakes to firm up. Every bleed point has a solid stream of fluid , zero air. But it just won't firm up. New master cylinder.. Any ideas?

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep , adjusted rears. They were a little tight if anything. Abs light is on , fluid isn't low.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bleed everything again , including the rabs. Still soft. I didnt remove the hex plug on the rabs , couldn't get a wrench on it. Think that's my issue? Only other thing I can think of is the new master is bad. Guess I'll exchange it and swap it out.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya , thats what i meant lol. I bleed the bleeder on the rabs but didnt pull the piston out first , like everyone seems to do.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first put it on the pedal started to get hard then went back to soft after I switched to another bleeder. Figured it was air , but maybe the master failed internally?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I figured that you did, but you know what they say about assuming. It could have failed internally. What do you mean that you switched to another bleeder?

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was on the rear left wheel when the brake pedal started firming up. When I switched to the front right bleeder the pedal got soft again and never firmed back up.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I thought you meant that you switched to a different type of bleeding tool on your master cylinder. My mistake.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It's been said that when bleeding, don't let the pedal go all the way down. It can damage the piston or internal seals.
But, since it started to firm up, I would say it could just be trapped air somewhere. Can you do a reverse bleed?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I did do it once with my vacuum bleeder , then tried the good old pumping and holding. Didn't make a difference .