So what did you do with your truck today?

Sorro71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a go at fixing the park brake.
Somewhere I recall Russ aka typ4 talking about having to add a bit of weld metal to the aftermarket brake shoe frames to get things working properly.
Here's a picture of what I found. The tab from the lever that actuates the park brake was sliding over the shoe frame
You must be registered for see images attach
So I removed the shoe and put some weld to build the frame up.

Here's a picture of the brake shoe re-installed.

Did the same to both sides. Re adjusted the brakes and now I have a park brake again.
Those with a sharp eye will see from the last picture what my next job will be:frustrate

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Gotta stupid question here but I've had alittle problem with the death wobble I had it with the d50 am now with the d60 but I've gotta have tired bad.ive got a set of 315's at the house and I'm runnin 285's right now. How bad is this gonna worsen my death wobble or should I be fine. I figured I would ask before I wreck my truck by puttin um on

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice , glad to know someone pays attention. LOL I have several sets of new brake shoes and they all are this way, and all different brands and shoe stampings. The dually had OEM ford on the rear, fit perfect, thay are going to the industrial brake shop to get relined. Once and done.

I am going to work on the dually today between rain storms to see why my GP system is acting up. Does the burned out GP clicky but they were fine when I removed and cleaned and neverseezed them, guess I should have let them be.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I just got in from replacing my return line o-rings even though they weren't leaking, had to pull one off to get some specific measurements for some lathe work :sly

I'ma go with a DADT policy on this one, if it works I'll let you know :sly

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta stupid question here but I've had alittle problem with the death wobble I had it with the d50 am now with the d60 but I've gotta have tired bad.ive got a set of 315's at the house and I'm runnin 285's right now. How bad is this gonna worsen my death wobble or should I be fine. I figured I would ask before I wreck my truck by puttin um on

Cure the problem....then deal with tyres

Is it bj or kp 60?

Are the bj or kp in good servicable condition. How is track bar bushings?

How are spring and shackle bushings ?

How about shocks n their bushings?

How about TRE's are they good and tight?

Solve the problem....

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Cure the problem....then deal with tyres

Is it bj or kp 60?

Are the bj or kp in good servicable condition. How is track bar bushings?

How are spring and shackle bushings ?

How about shocks n their bushings?

How about TRE's are they good and tight?

Solve the problem....

Ball joints were tight. Shocks do need to be replaced.tirerods were tight.spring bushings were good.and I don't have a track bar actually lol. It's not a constant death wobble either it just happens on rare occasions when Goin around a left hand curve if there's a bump.not all the time either.but it's kinda one of them things where I'm on bald tires and I haven't worked all summer because the guys equipment is broke and there's really no where in my town to get a job that's not full time and I'm about to start college next month and i have no money to buy tired lol this is just to get me by till I can completely go through the hole front end.i would just not drive it but my other 2 trucks are down but I really only drive this around town and sometimes 30 miles outta town.nothin to far.but the whole fronted is getting new everything when I get the money

But my dana50 had the same exact problem only way worse.if I turned sharp enough left on pavement it was like the front end was walking.i really don't know how to explain it

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a track bar actually lol.

There's at least part of your issue. I had a recurring issue with the wobble in turns every time the bushings started to wear out. Finally bought a relocating bracket to fix the angle of the track bar from when the previous owner lifted it and no more issues.

TorchMadness

Reaction score
Just a little R&R almost road ready.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
There's at least part of your issue. I had a recurring issue with the wobble in turns every time the bushings started to wear out. Finally bought a relocating bracket to fix the angle of the track bar from when the previous owner lifted it and no more issues.

I was researching an a lot of people were sayin they ran without one so I just went for it where can I get attack bar and mount that's not exspensive as hell lol. And I don't even have the mount on the axle cause we did the ubolt flip kit so how would I go about that

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was researching an a lot of people were sayin they ran without one so I just went for it where can I get attack bar and mount that's not exspensive as hell lol. And I don't even have the mount on the axle cause we did the ubolt flip kit so how would I go about that

Apparrently u did not do research here....I highly doubt it would be recomended here by anyone for a street truck.

Now that ya hacked the mount off for flip kit you have to fab up something to work.

JM7.3CW Eh!

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Apparrently u did not do research here....I highly doubt it would be recomended here by anyone for a street truck.

Now that ya hacked the mount off for flip kit you have to fab up something to work.

JM7.3CW Eh!

Idk what fourm it was that I found it on I kinda just did a quick little Google search and read a lot of different stuff on fourms. But on the ubolt flip it was the only way I could do it cause we had to cut the old ubolts and I didn't have the pieces that the ubolts went in.but makin something shouldn't be that bad I guess Nows a good time to buy a rsk and get the track bar mount and all

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Changed the top cover of the injection pump thinking my cold advance electric solenoid was failing. Nope. I still have slight issues. Am getting power to the fast idle solenoid but have not checked if the electric advance has power yet. Its the little things that require the most throught.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online