So what did you do with your truck today?

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hubby brought up selling the extra centurion. I don't want to! But ordered the brake line ends to finally fix the brake line so people can test drive it.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Almost ready to go! Just a few more things and need to close the camper windows yet. There's NO floor space left in there.

You must be registered for see images attach

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Been working her good.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Last weekend I reworked the craptastic intake tubing with stuff I had laying around. Managed to get EGT's down a bit and the metal 90* elbow that was on the intake when I bought the truck is gone and will no longer fall off while driving.

I gotta put my cold air tubing back to pull form behind the grille. How much of a difference did this make? I recall mine made a difference, but very small (under 100* but noticeable?). Towing the other weekend for the first time since new pump and the truck was very EGT limited. Starting up one hill on the highway (rolling hills, not serious grades) I was distracted talking for about 1-1.5 seconds before beginning my OCD monitoring of gauges and pyro was as 1200 just maintaining 65-ish MPH. Quickly backed out and maintained 1100 or so and gave up a bit of speed. Very little margin for error with my current setup. Really needs an intercooler.

In any event, put a few hundred miles on the truck today to pick up a wastegated turbo that will fit the ZF5 I'll be swapping in. Applied a few heat and PB cycles and snapped two studs. One is blind... this should be fun. Could be worse I guess. Hopefully once it's done it'll be an improvement over the first generation Banks on there now.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I gotta put my cold air tubing back to pull form behind the grille. How much of a difference did this make? I recall mine made a difference, but very small (under 100* but noticeable?). Towing the other weekend for the first time since new pump and the truck was very EGT limited. Starting up one hill on the highway (rolling hills, not serious grades) I was distracted talking for about 1-1.5 seconds before beginning my OCD monitoring of gauges and pyro was as 1200 just maintaining 65-ish MPH. Quickly backed out and maintained 1100 or so and gave up a bit of speed. Very little margin for error with my current setup. Really needs an intercooler.

In any event, put a few hundred miles on the truck today to pick up a wastegated turbo that will fit the ZF5 I'll be swapping in. Applied a few heat and PB cycles and snapped two studs. One is blind... this should be fun. Could be worse I guess. Hopefully once it's done it'll be an improvement over the first generation Banks on there now.

What setup do you have now?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Currently it's a first generation non-wastegate Banks. Hoping the wastegated Banks will spool quicker and at least not be any worse for EGT.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Bull moose/100cc

Oh ok then I should be good when I get my hypermax on cause I've got the juinor runnin n/a and so far I haven't melted it but I'm also not runnin a pyro cause I probably wouldn't like the number of I was[emoji23]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Been working her hard.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads