So what did you do with your truck today?

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the truck to get the A/C looked at. Turned out it just needed a charge of R12 and it ended up costing me just under $150. Not bad at all considering now I have a nice cool A/C. I was kind of expecting other stuff to be wrong with it, but I guess I lucked out.

Also the A/C guy told me I have a dealer installed A/C. I would have never known that by looking at it. Not that it matters, but nevertheless, it's interesting to know.

BDOGONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New starter. DB elec. hi torque. Bendix has 13 teeth. Orig? had 12.... Seems fine?

Installed the rear Bilstien shocks that have been riding around in the back for the last three months. My bad! Shocks were original. 230k. Prob.a little overdue.

LED "Truck lites". Nice upgrade if a little on the pricy side! No wiring mods needed.

Ruger_556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LED "Truck lites". Nice upgrade if a little on the pricy side! No wiring mods needed.

You mean these? Awesome aren't they?

You must be registered for see images attach

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
. Hauled this.weights 5,000 pounds and never got under 35 mph up some pretty big hills.given there was a bridge so I had to slow down to 20 or it would bounce to much so not to bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saskredneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I've been on here, damn spring time between dealing with cattle, seeding and working full time it doesn't leave much free time to do anything. Well last week was suppose to be the start of the overhaul on my million mile 6.9 but after dropping a bunch of money into my 2006 f150 I went on a road trip to pick up a truck camper and the damn motor went just after it rolled over 200,000. So now I'm dropping a built crate into that...... There goes the money I had for rebuilding both the IDI's.... Oh well the million miler is still running like a champ, the front end is going to fall off soon but I can't decide if I should swap the ttb from my 4x4 in as I have a d60 going into my 4x4 or to rebuild the 2wd front end.

By far the cheapest truck I have bought has been the most reliable, $350 for the truck and have racked over 130,000km on it since September with no more than $300 in odds and ends for it.
She's ugly as hell but I love her

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a good IDI testimony and a good reliable truck. I like how these old trucks just keep going and going.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Got my tailgate on just in time for the rally. I put the transfer tank back in and the bed really wasn't too useful without the gate.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Pulled my front end apart to replace my condenser and upgrade to a rust free fender while I was at it. Now I have nice cold air again and no rust on the front end of my truck. Sure was nice to find a matching white fender, now I just need to glue on the right badge. Would like to find a nice bed now.

Attachments

• 20140622_202913.jpg
    20140622_202913.jpg
    923.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20140621_214416.jpg
    20140621_214416.jpg
    932.4 KB · Views: 18

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
Went to the tranny shop. Said my TC is going out. Got fuel for 3.34!!!! With fuel points from shopping. Also I'm getting 17.5 mpg

97 F250 HD auto 4x4
3.55s turning 16.6!

Saskredneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the stack off my 2wd two weeks ago to haul the truck camper, finally got around to throwing a tailpipe on until the new stack and flatdeck go on. Noticed my IP is getting hotter than normal and isn't performing 100% so looks like that's next. My engine needs to show up for my 06 F150 so I can get the overhaul started on the old girl.

fuzzy1626

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hauled a 6 year old battery out of the Taurus to AutoZone and a new one back home today. Now she's back to resting on the carport.lol

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
mocked up my new to me bumper on the old truck now my wife thinks it looks mean.

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had a silly amount of rain this past weekend. A neighbor had a big party and many cars just sank in the ground. I pulled them all out.