So what did you do with your truck today?

Ruger_556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No adapters and no idea why it has reverse threads but the little research I did was my door placard says the truck has a dana 70HD spicer which i guess was manufactured in '80 and in that year they put a revers thread on it. im sure my research is off somewhere so experts chime in but thats what I learned. I originaly found out it was a reverse thread when I snapped 2 different heavy duty socket extentions with my 3 ft breaker bar trying to get lug nuts off.:frustrate. I also understand that its only reverse thread on one sidecookoo but not sure because I stopped trying after breaking my tools.

A few years got LH lugs on the LH side IIRC... Carry over from heavy duty trucks. They only just went away from LH/RH threads a few years ago.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be leaving for Reno Monday for a week, in my 89. I have a new leaky return line kit, gotta replace the whole thing again, stinkin Dipaco. I also need to change oil in my Gear vendors and my engine. Time I get back, I'll have done 1,000 miles.
I was offered to fly up there but hate airports and the security nonsense, I'd rather take a long boring 8 hour drive in my truck!

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be leaving for Reno Monday for a week, in my 89. I have a new leaky return line kit, gotta replace the whole thing again, stinkin Dipaco. I also need to change oil in my Gear vendors and my engine. Time I get back, I'll have done 1,000 miles.
I was offered to fly up there but hate airports and the security nonsense, I'd rather take a long boring 8 hour drive in my truck!

I agree, I'd rather drive most anywhere than fly.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^ +1; bossman wants me to attend a conference in San Diego in August, 2000 miles away. So it's either get felt up by TSA and sit in a big cigar tube full of germs, or drive through the desert in the middle of summer.

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
Picked up my kids this afternoon, that's hauling precious cargo right there:)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Wow. Amen to that! Been ages since I heard anyone talk about their kids as precious cargo!

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, my truck has been sitting for the past few weeks and was looking pretty dusty so I took it to the self wash today. Since I live in an apartment complex, I have nowhere else to wash it. The paint on my truck is peeling in various places so I never really give it a true wash, more like just hose it down and let it air dry. Every time I wash it I see flakes of paint on the ground after I wash it. :rotflmao "Houston we have a problem".

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put an old (well, 2005) Clarion radio in it. I had some JBL 6.5" speakers in the basement, got some of those cheap eBay tweeters. PO had hacked the dash to put in a late-'80s vintage Craig booster/equalizer (remember those awful things?), so I had to, er, improvise with the Metra install kit. Still a nice clean fit. First test fire with the antenna wire hooked up, hit a country station and guess what was playing that very moment -- "Truck, yeah!" :dunno

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Haven't posted in here in awhile....since im waiting on a part for my Honda I decided to give my trucks a bit of love.

Moved the dually...bled the brakes,rerouted a fuel line, pulled the front diff cover and painted it, reinstalled it with new bolts and filled the diff with gear oil, changed fluid in the trans, added fluid to the tcase, installed the last of my 4 shocks...

Then on the 91 I replaced the headlight bulbs and put a loud turn signal flasher in it. Might do front shocks on it yet tonight.

Tomorrow im going to finish the seat belts on the dually, maybe try fixing my right hip lights, work on installing exhaust, who knows..

I still need to take it in to have the front tires swapped and the front end aligned (as much as you can a d60 lol)

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... and put a loud turn signal flasher in it.
Ooh ooh, where'd you get it? Canceller tab thingies are broken off on my turn signal switch, and the flasher is too quiet, and I end up looking like the old guy in a hat who never remembers to turn off his blinker.....

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New window weatherstrips, from the Graveyard. Old ones were aprx. 50% gone, windows were literally rattling in the tracks. What little was left came out in hard brittle pieces. Still waiting on the division bar; cheapest was some Corvette parts supplier on eBay, won't be here for another week. At least it doesn't sound like the glass is gonna fall out and/or break when you shut the doors now, and the rain won't (shouldn't, anyway) ruin my NOS JBL speakers.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member