So what did you do with your truck today?

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Motor swap starts tomorrow. I don't even know if the spare motor runs...
Spare motor needs glowplugs but I'm afraid to touch them, don't want to break one.
Getting rid of stock glowplug system. Thinking of delco 60g plugs.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
This. Tried to catch it right at 200k, but was traveling down the highway.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got Super's Ranger all buttoned up, no major issues, one small one to contend with asap one wheel stud appears to be stripped on new front end and spins in hub...DOH! I'll have to work on getting that off somehow Hmmm....K that should be fun!

Other than that small malady, it went very well.

NEW
Shocks,
hard and flex brake lines
radius arm bushings

brake pads where as new, along with one as new rotor one just slightly used.
repacked wheel bearings and replaced seals
2" coil spacers

I had a replacement set of tie rods complete so I cleaned them all up took the best boots and used it. Mine was severely rusted and I highly doubt one would be able to adjust toe in.

The Detroit True Trac differential should work very well for us here, I'll be playing with it asap.

Everything came apart quite well no seriously argumentative bolts or anything, and so I used LOTS and LOTS of anti seize on all bolts and bushings etc when assembling to make any future work easier.

I've got to let the new bushings and shocks settle a couple of days but other than mild adjustments my alignment is pretty good.

So nice to drive with good brakes and shocks and some actual suspension...wow what a different truck it is.

I'm sure Super will be happy, I'm making her drive tomorrow to town so she can get a feel for it.

I'd post pics but photobucket updated their friggen phone app and damn thing won't work for me correctly...DOH!

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Whole lotta shakin going on

The antique is earning its keep in Prince George B.C. My son is using it as a daily driver until it has to haul the trailer back to Calgary. It has started in -20C weather without being started or plugged in for 12 hrs! I'm impressed.

They have had a lot of snow there. The roads are so bad he's using 4Low. 2 bolts that hold the steering column shook loose! :eek: The fitting that holds the pump to the tidy tank was completely loose too. :puke:

I told him it was a good thing all the other bolts are rusted together. Yep.

Last edited:

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well yesterday i finished up the turbo to running, need to reorder a v band my buddy broke putting it on and some small looose ends.

heres the drive vid and a sound vid

Socal88

Reaction score
Finished up installing new IP, turbo injectors, injector return lines and glow plugs, Wow it runs like a new Hot rod! Ready for another 200,000.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well we had a good 12 inches of snow fall between Saturday and Sunday, was getting off the freeway and seen an elderly couple stuck on the exit ramp going up hill onto a bridge, not one person stopped to help them or even see if they were ok, everyone drove right around them, couldn't be leave it, the elderly man was in no shape to be outside pushing his car but he was and his wife was driving, so i went and pulled them up to the top of the hill so they could be on there way, he even offered to pay me but i told him not to, i have no problem helping others out

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watched the tachometer drop 500 RPM in a second while driving down the freeway...And stay there. Not really sure what's up with that. So now, instead of 2400RPM at 65, apparently I cruise at 1900 RPM.

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Jrad - Must be that BioDiesel they make you guys run up there ;) What gears do you have? I could believe 1900 if you were running 3.55's and a ZF. Just a guess though.

As for me, today I finally ordered the tailpipe sections of my 5" exhaust from Diamond Eye. Soon to no longer have 4 polished wheels instead of the lone black one on the passenger side rear!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
polished headlights on the SAR suburban, gotta drive it tomorrow evening and they where like looking at well...amber light LOL Now they be like ...Look Something Shiny!

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jrad - Must be that BioDiesel they make you guys run up there ;) What gears do you have? I could believe 1900 if you were running 3.55's and a ZF. Just a guess though.

As for me, today I finally ordered the tailpipe sections of my 5" exhaust from Diamond Eye. Soon to no longer have 4 polished wheels instead of the lone black one on the passenger side rear!

Well, I am running 3.55's and a ZF, but since I bought the truck it has always sat at 2400 @ 65, and the fuel economy(15-16 right now) doesn't reflect 1900 RPM, either. This is on the second sender, too. I was just watching it act normal then "Bam!" drops 500 RPM. The idle RPM has been jumping around as well lately, most of the time it reads 400, but when I switched tanks the other day the gauge jumped to 8-900, which is about what it actually runs at.

I'm not sure what you are saying about your new tailpipe sections, but I hear ya about the one black wheel! Mine is more "smoked" than black. Remember, I don't have a turbo yet. I sure do have fun driving this thing!

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Err that was a typo on my part. Should of read: "Soon to have 4 polished wheels again instead of the lone black wheel on the passenger side rear"...The by-product of side exit exhaust with poopy injectors and IP. The wife graced me with the $$$ to order the pre-bent tailpipe sections so I can run the exhaust out behind the tire now.

2400@65mph just seems high to.me with 3.55's. I'll have to see what my 4.10's run in 5th direct at 65 for a comparison...as for your jumpy rpms what's the chances you have a bad signal to the cluster or a bad guage? Heck could even be a bad connection if it goes back and forth.