So what did you do with your truck today?

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Americans will keep buying fuel :dunno

Gotta have it. Even at $10 a gallon I’d still have to buy it.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Americans will keep buying fuel :dunno

Gotta have it. Even at $10 a gallon I’d still have to buy it.
At $10 I’d actually probably switch to WMO but would still have to buy diesel on trips of any length.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are at $4.34/gal diesel. 3.73/gas

Big oil gets our tax dollars through subsidies and they get it at the pump. And then a portion of the road tax....goes back to big oil!! No matter who is in office.

Least they have 7-trillion in subsidies.

TygreII

Reaction score
After fixing my locked up rear brake (due to a rusted out e-brake), my beast decided to spring a leak in the rear fuel return line. Now I'll hve to find some time to tear that apart.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a similar law, Nov 1 through March 31. I used to swap out for studded when I needed them and then just leave them on till spring. Now I have bigger aggressive A/T up front and M/T in the back and just leave them on. But Western WA doesn't see a lot of ice unless you're going over the passes, so not much need for studs. If they didn't salt/sand the hard packed stuff I'd be in the market for studs. But I enjoy snow driving and getting loose, so I'm very much the oddball when it's snowing. I leave the house to go drive in the snow!

Nice paint job, they look great!

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today got western…

A friend of mine wanted to go buy a 7.3 PSD parts truck, in Ottowa. We hooked my 86 to the trailer, drove to Ottowa no problem. My buddy followed behind in his ‘91 460. Loaded up the truck, and drove back. Good power, but EGTs… made me back off on the bigger hills.

It’d be a BEAST with an intercooler…

Well anyway, my buddy’s 460 blew a u joint on the way back, about 40 miles out, took the yoke with it. So, heavy PSD truck on trailer, with 460 being flat towed behind the trailer! Heavy load… pulled good though. But, soon got close to the highway, so had to abandon the 460. We parked it at my old landlords house, he was fine with it, that guy is super nice.

We went to another buddy of mine’s house, he took his 95 7.3, and a trailer, and went back after the 460.

I hauled the truck from Ottowa back on to his house, waiting on the 460 to get dropped off now. All day in the saddle, pulled great.