So what did you do with your truck today?

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added 8 gallons and some opti-lube winter to what I used yesterday. Engine had a stronger oil smell than before, thought nothing of it. Parked down by my 1/2 done redneck get away from everyone shed and prepared to put my mouse lights in.

#1 return line leaking ;Pissed EFFIN MURPHY, I could just wring his neck!!!

Pissed off I decided to vacuum it all out!!

7 dead mice in van alone this fall.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you found your future career?
Well the FICM? electronic thingy evidently killed itself, so pulled the truck and trailer with a tow strap… until we got very close to Manhattan. Football game traffic, we unhooked the PSD from the trailer, and hooked my IDI up, and went back to my buddy’s place, unloaded the 460, then went and got the PSD and took it back to my other buddies place.

Too much…

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was talking about towing vehicles. Call it something like IDI Vehicular Recovery Service.
Well I feel bad for those guys, they sure didn’t had a very good day…

I think I’ll stick to building feedlots…

I was happy to help, I do enjoy doing stuff like that, but I burnt up $150 worth of fuel, which I was paid in form of a spare tire. Probably not one worth $150, but even then, I was gonna do it if he paid me or not… the mission was to get the truck from Ottowa to Manhattan, which we did… those guys just had some hurdles…

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mounted an ammo box behind the battery. Even mounted to metal, that is braced to the fender.

6.0 air filter will probably require that I relocate the ammo box, but am aways off from that being finished yet.

Also put new window seals in the passenger side door… what a pain. But I did the drivers side, and all the door seals, awhile back, so cab is sealed up.

Attachments

• IMG_2830.jpeg
    IMG_2830.jpeg
    358.5 KB · Views: 15

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck now has a pre-turbo exhaust leak, appears to be at the collector, where the passenger side uppipe goes in.

Anybody know of a good high temp RTV or something? Supposedly these Hypermax exhaust collectors are pretty notorious for leaking… Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Also advanced the timing… think I went too far, needs backed off…

And, drove from Council Grove to home, 12 miles, with the parking brake on… it worked before. I wondered why the truck seemed sorta sluggish… hell, it held the loaded trailer no problem Saturday, now it doesn’t work at all… I knew when I went to push the park brake down when I parked it, and it was already down… fortunately, I already have the parts to fix them, so now I know what I’m doin tomorrow.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@FrozenMerc youre truck is gorgeous, happy to see someone taking care of these old birds.

@KansasIDI i have used permatex hi temp with good success in the past, it's orange, rank as hell, rated for I think 960°F
I agree, @FrozenMerc has a gorgeous rig

My EGTs surpass that at times… yeah, I need an intercooler…

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
This morning, I helped my next door neighbor cut down a couple of trees. The smaller, dead one was only about 3/4 of a bed full. The bigger, live tree was a trailer full plus most of a bed full. The poor old girl certainly knows that there's some weight behind her. This afternoon, I'm going to unhook from the trailer and unload the bed behind my garage. There's almost none of this that's dead so it will have to wait until next year to be burned.

Attachments

• 102_4268.JPG
    102_4268.JPG
    377.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 102_4269.JPG
    102_4269.JPG
    329.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 102_4270.JPG
    102_4270.JPG
    320.3 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Forum statistics