So what did you do with your truck today?

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One great idea a day is enough...please don't get me thinking in that direction...watching some self-righteous full-lane blocking no road tax paying greenie weenies on youtube is all I need to get to asking for forgiveness already...

I'll wind up quoting 'The Cable Guy' until my concience clears up...

I am going to take exception with the no road tax greenie ****** statement. I do see the humor in it all, even though a friend of mine was killed on her bike last year by a "B" on her cell phone. Open, straight section of 4 lane road.

I ride my bike on the road some. I also pay registration and personal property tax on 7 vehicles, of which I can only drive 1 at a time. 2 of them are diesels, 2 are motorcycles. The other 3 have a combined total of 22 cylinders. So probably pay 2-3 times the road tax your average driver does. If I want to ride my bike on it, I for sure will. I have recently decided I need to carry when riding because too much aggression is thrown at people on bikes. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I won't deny there are some self righteous ones but the same can be said of people in cars and trucks as well. Usually lagging along in the left lane forever (Blue Subarus) because whatever speed they're going is good enough for everyone.

And no I'm not ranting. Just raising awareness. Seen too many people die for this, literally no good reason at all.

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily a what I did to my truck today thing, but rather, last week. Took ol' Wally to see the pacific coast from the Oregon point of view. I had a lot of work into the truck leading up to the last few minutes before we left, and not an ounce of trouble on the road! New 90cc pump and injectors really made a difference to pulling all the grades from north central Idaho to the coast and back. Flow Cooler water pump kept him nice and cool too.

Beautiful drive. My wife actually saw 4 big horn sheep down in the Columbia river gorge. They were out of my view but she was losing it so I believe her LOL Thanks to the oil burners on here for some of the advice getting the rig road ready again, cheers to you all!:cheers:

Attachments

• tempImage82uRBK.png
    tempImage82uRBK.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 12
  • tempImageOuBoE3.png
    tempImageOuBoE3.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_303DDFFA082A-1.jpeg
    IMG_303DDFFA082A-1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily a what I did to my truck today thing, but rather, last week. Took ol' Wally to see the pacific coast from the Oregon point of view. I had a lot of work into the truck leading up to the last few minutes before we left, and not an ounce of trouble on the road! New 90cc pump and injectors really made a difference to pulling all the grades from north central Idaho to the coast and back. Flow Cooler water pump kept him nice and cool too.

Beautiful drive. My wife actually saw 4 big horn sheep down in the Columbia river gorge. They were out of my view but she was losing it so I believe her LOL Thanks to the oil burners on here for some of the advice getting the rig road ready again, cheers to you all!:cheers:
Is that haystack rock? We do a family cannon beach trip every year, it's beautiful.

How was the smoke with the 90cc pump?

Greenie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced passenger door hinge bushings, pins and striker. It can be done without disconnecting the wiring - just takes a little time - but less time IMO than unhooking and reconnecting the wires in the door. The passenger door closed OK but it rattled over bumps. It's nice and tight now.

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice trip. I'm planning to take my camper out to Colorado for about a week at the end of July.
Sounds like it will be a good time @IDIBRONCO What parts? A buddy of mine just moved back there, finally got himself a house out near the Colorado Springs area. I'm hoping to take the truck out there within the next couple of years and make a little family vacation out of it. Never been to Colorado before.

@The_Josh_Bear It sure is! Our first time there but we loved it. Everyone I've talked to has said they have been there multiple times with a lot of people making it one of their regular vacation trips as well. And I could see why! That little town grows on you. By the end of the week we were sleeping in and started to live on that sleepy coastal cottage town schedule. And the smoke was a little dark at times on the grades, but not nearly as bad as it was before I timed it and got my throttle position sensor set right. Simply put, I didn't feel like "that guy" rolling a bunch of coal so I was happy. Just enough :cool:

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced passenger door hinge bushings, pins and striker. It can be done without disconnecting the wiring - just takes a little time - but less time IMO than unhooking and reconnecting the wires in the door. The passenger door closed OK but it rattled over bumps. It's nice and tight now.
Nice to hear it can be done without disconnecting the wiring. I've decided that is a fall/winter job this year because the driver side door is definitely in need of it.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Sounds like it will be a good time @IDIBRONCO What parts? A buddy of mine just moved back there, finally got himself a house out near the Colorado Springs area. I'm hoping to take the truck out there within the next couple of years and make a little family vacation out of it. Never been to Colorado before.
Oh it will be. I'll be goin gout to Taylor Park which is west of Buena Vista, over the Divide. I'll be going through Colorado Springs on the way out and back. Naturally, I'll be bringing three wheelers too. From my experience, the I25 corridor is A LOT like Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, etc. If you 1 1/2 hours or so west, into the mountains, it's more like what I call normal. I haven't been out west of Denver along I70, so I can't say what it's like there, but the smaller mountain towns aren't that way. There sure is a lot to do and see, but I prefer to stay away from the popular tourist destinations. Those are usually pretty crowded and costly.

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh it will be. I'll be goin gout to Taylor Park which is west of Buena Vista, over the Divide. I'll be going through Colorado Springs on the way out and back. Naturally, I'll be bringing three wheelers too. From my experience, the I25 corridor is A LOT like Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, etc. If you 1 1/2 hours or so west, into the mountains, it's more like what I call normal. I haven't been out west of Denver along I70, so I can't say what it's like there, but the smaller mountain towns aren't that way. There sure is a lot to do and see, but I prefer to stay away from the popular tourist destinations. Those are usually pretty crowded and costly.
The Colorado Springs Zoo is well worth checking out if you have the time. I had to drag my wife away from the giraffe area after about an hour. The prairie dogs were really fun to watch as well. Like miniature big time wrestling. Pikes Peak was neat too.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not today but June 4th thru 15th. Did a 2,700 mile trip from central Ca thru Bakersfield, 2 days in Hurricane, UT, 2 days in Moab, 3 days in Ft. Collins, CO, then 3 days home across I-80. Elevations ranging from 80 ft to over 11,000 ft above sea level. Had planned to take my overland rig (1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee) but the engine gave out 2. months before we left. Had to play catchup with old blue to get here up to date on some maintenance items as my son had been using her for a backup and I got a bit behind. I also rigged a tarp setup for the bed to keep things dry.

She did absolutely fantastic (no surprise). For a NA IDI (33 yrs, 272,000 mi) she even did well at altitude (pulled the grade to the Eisenhower-Johnson tunnel at 45-50 without much smoke). As long as I kept it above 2,000 rpm she did wonderful. Not a lot of weight, but enough to smooth it out a bit. A bit rougher ride than the Grand Cherokee, a little bit different to load and unload, but still did amazing. I've always said I could basically just hop in and drive cross country with very little problem and she proved me right.