So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Due to getting some rain last night, I knew that I wasn't going to get around to doing much today. First i had to get a hair cut which tool entirely too long, but they were bust. While I was there, I got a call from the guy who I helped with the wood stair a couple of weeks ago. He wanted some help taking off the outer piece that I had helped put on. On the way to his place, I got to make sure that 4X4 still worked. It wasn't too bad, but I hadn't driven on the road when it's wet before so I just didn't want to take any chances. Each time I go by this deer blind, I almost feel jealous. It's close to the top of a hill and there's a creek less than 200 yards away. Almost perfect.

Attachments

• 102_4067.JPG
    102_4067.JPG
    290 KB · Views: 11
  • 102_4068.JPG
    102_4068.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 102_4014.JPG
    102_4014.JPG
    288.5 KB · Views: 12

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I had enough fun putting my transfer case back together for the second time this week, I decided to change the shift boot.

It took me way too long to realize (it's hot and very humid today as usual in our summers and I was tired) that the new shift boot came with both the outer and inner, and the old inner was still there. I couldn't figure out why the screws were too short and I couldn't get the new boot down on the floor! :rolleyes:

Once I removed the old torn-up one, the new assembly went on fairly quickly. Tomorrow I'll put the 2 qt of ATF in the transfer case and cross my fingers for a successful repair...

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That dually in front looks a little bit familiar.

Can't imagine why!

Things a freaking beast. I-95 55-65mph mostly keeping the speed limit. I was extremely impressed. Can't imagine how well it would have done if I'd gotten the turbo on it. Just got back to PA at 1am so we're crashing for the night.

Thankfully no issues with the chains. Everything stayed tight in spite of the borderline hazardous roads......

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clock is ticking. How fast can @hacked89 pull an IDI power train? (Probably faster if I shut up and stop bugging him LOL)

You must be registered for see images attach

I hate tearing stuff like this apart, I really do. But.... He's the one that bought it for the motor and I can't save them all (unless someone wants to start a GoFundMe LOL)

I will say the front end will be going under Tank and I haven't decided but I have toyed with the idea of putting the RSK onto Diego.

The bed might possibly be in better shape than the one on Tank. I'll have to assess that later. It's "straighter" but I don't know how the rust compares yet.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clock is ticking. How fast can @hacked89 pull an IDI power train? (Probably faster if I shut up and stop bugging him LOL)

I hate tearing stuff like this apart, I really do. But.... He's the one that bought it for the motor and I can't save them all (unless someone wants to start a GoFundMe LOL)

I will say the front end will be going under Tank and I haven't decided but I have toyed with the idea of putting the RSK onto Diego.

The bed might possibly be in better shape than the one on Tank. I'll have to assess that later. It's "straighter" but I don't know how the rust compares yet.
I don’t hate it.. anyone in the world could have bought it for more.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to see that it stayed in the OB Fam. What're your plans for it?
I run 7.3’s and ZF5s, BW1356s and NP205. My black truck is 130cc turbo intercooled, the bronco in the diesel conversion forum is a trail rig and I have an IDI car build coming up.

The zf5 and bw1356 are going into my rotation for when I break things. The engine and other items I stripped are going into the car project as well as the R&D parts.

The body is rusty in places but has some good parts and the RSK/front end is nice. I didn’t want to just scrap it so I hit up @chillman88 and the rest is history. It’s done for it’s time at my place and is now going onto it’s next stop.

Last edited:

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In between thundershowers I put the 2 qt of ATF in the transfer case (this time, Valvoline full synthetic Transfer Case Fluid). Probably the same stuff in a more expensive bottle ;) Anyway, all the ranges work and no audible signs of distress during a couple of miles test drive.

Now to fix the oil leak I caused when I swapped turbos to the CDD upgrade! Unless I get lucky, I think it's coming from the o-ring where the turbo mounts to the pedestal. That's going to be fun to get to :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin