So what did you do with your truck today?

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not today, but this past week. Finally, after sitting on it for 13 years, got my 100 gal transfer flow auxiliary fuel tank installed in the bed and proceeded to put 62 gallons @3.25 a gallon in it. I verified the on tank pump worked before installing it.

With both original tanks I can now carry 140 gallons. As little as I drive this truck, it's my woods truck mainly now, I might have to fill it up once a year. Now to build a fuel controller for it and get it plumbed in to the fuel system. Should only take another 13 years.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and I found this neat can on the side of the road
You must be registered for see images attach
I have 3 of those. Originally it would have had a yellow funnel that goes around the neck of the spout.
Might still be able to buy them new. Not sure. I got my last one maybe 3 years ago.

But good score. They are nice, for a gas can.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
This morning, at 6:00 AM, I got home from my latest trip to Texas. I had to get some sleep and used the rest of the day as a recovery day. I took one spiral staircase to a few miles outside of Gatesville, TX and I dropped the one in the bed off in Kansas on the way. The way the steps are shaped on the one in the bed, they acted like little parachutes and really caught the headwind that I had for most of the way. I'm guessing that the wind was blowing 25-30 and I had to keep it in 4th gear, had the throttle almost all of the way down, and still could only get to 60 MPH unless I was going downhill. The radio in the truck quit about 2 hours into the trip so it was a LOOONG drive. Other than that, the truck did great. My boss's trailer, on the other hand wasn't so cooperative. First, the lock that he likes to put through the lever on the hitch didn't look so good for some reason at the first delivery. I took some electrical tape and wrapped it around the lever several times to keep it from coming open. Next, I stopped right south on the Oklahoma state line to check the straps and found that one of the D rings that I had tied to was gone. Then, after the trailer was empty, the safety chains kept coming unhooked. I got fed up enough to take care of that my way. A couple of zip ties and no more dragging chains. Finally, I'm guessing, about 40 or so miles south of Wichita Falls, TX, a trailer tire threw some tread off. It was a strip about 2 1/2" wide all the way around. That was the one time that I was glad that the A/C doesn't work because I had the windows down and heard the tread fly off. After changing the tire, I couldn't tell that the trailer was back there anymore. It wasn't vibrating like it had before. It also shook so hard that it almost was bouncing off of the pavement between 25 and 35. I gave no idea how long the tire was bad because I didn't feel any bouncing while it was loaded. I'm also guessing that the bouncing/vibrating was what caused the chains to come loose since they were still hooked after I got home. I also had to take a picture of the cheapest fuel price that I've seen for a long time and then, I bought some for $.04 per gallon cheaper.

Attachments

• 102_4006.JPG
    102_4006.JPG
    294.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 102_4007.JPG
    102_4007.JPG
    296.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 102_4011.JPG
    102_4011.JPG
    403 KB · Views: 18
  • 102_4010.JPG
    102_4010.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 18

R Squared

Reaction score
Well, got around to bypassing the factory lift pump and installed a Seachoice Dura-lift pump. We have all heard it before so I’ll spare you the details.

My reason to swap it though was the stock lift pump wasn’t keeping up at higher RPMs when getting into it, especially while towing. That and I’ve had a defueling issue since I picked the truck up a month ago. Figured I’d spend the money on ole Amazon vs burning up a starter prematurely.

Still need to remove the stock lift pump when the block off plate makes it to me. Threw a fused relay in there so if I need to work with key on shooting wires or something, I can pull it and not worry about running the pump excessively.

Attachments

• IMG_2724.jpeg
    IMG_2724.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin