So what did you do with your truck today?

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my dually on it's maiden voyage. A fresh motor, new IP and injectors sure make a difference. That was a whole new experience for me! But it's maiden voyage was to pick up this "Bad Boy", yeah a 60" bad boy zero turn....... for free. Of course, there's going to be a deal of work to make it live, but DANG!!! I love driving for FedEx ground, I gotta go back tomorrow and pick up a 54" cub cadet.

Attachments

• IMG_20230501_181630.jpg
    IMG_20230501_181630.jpg
    564.8 KB · Views: 10

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Drove my truck into work this morning, first time driving it longer distance since replacing my up pipe.

Boost is now immediately going up, which it's never done before, but also on light inclines my EGT's are creeping up to 750-800.

Makes me wonder if my IP is turned a little too high, and if that factory up pip had been leaking since day one...

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove my truck into work this morning, first time driving it longer distance since replacing my up pipe.

Boost is now immediately going up, which it's never done before, but also on light inclines my EGT's are creeping up to 750-800.

Makes me wonder if my IP is turned a little too high, and if that factory up pip had been leaking since day one...
ive heard they are very prone to leaking

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I'm shipping this core idi engine to another member, and I set the cherry picker to the 1/2 ton bolt. It worked. Was a little wobbly. Glad I got the garage space back. Until the next one shows up.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Careful. Some people think that driving around without a transmission inspection cover is dangerous. Who knows what that type pf person would think of that!
It's only dangerous for uninitiated house cats! I set my dually engine and transmission together into my truck on the half ton setting.......by myself.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need a counter weight on the other end of the Hoist.
I have had that problem with a sketchie lift before.

My buddy is coming down from Oregon in a couple weeks to pick up my 3-pt Hitch Rototiller Iam giving him.
I still haven`t put my John Deere 950 together, and the neighbor gave me his Kioti CK30, but I took it to the dealer to have some things fixed on it. Suppose to have it back end of month.

Iam thinking of packing my Engine Hoist out to where the Tiller is sitting and bolt it together. And put some 2X6 under it so it doesn`t sink into the dirt.
Then he can back his truck under it. We`ll see where this goes....

Goat

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a new mechanical fuel pump in my '91 plow truck. The one I replaced went in last June, so I got about 10 months out of it. I've ordered a Walbro FRB-13 to have on hand in 10 months when this happens again.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Today I did a few small things to get ready for my upcoming trip to Texas. I hooked up some gauge lights, put power back to the CB, adjusted the rear brakes, and, finally lowered the tire pressures to 60 PSI all the way around. Then I had to take it for a test drive (excuse to go buy cat food).

Va_Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove mine for the firstime for any distance. Only ever been around the block a couple times while I was fighting the stalling between gears issue. After a fuel system flush it now doesn't stall. So I drove it 5 miles from my dads house to mine so I can start cutting the rusted floor sections out.

Attachments

• 20230507_154334.jpg
    20230507_154334.jpg
    574.1 KB · Views: 6

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm shipping this core idi engine to another member, and I set the cherry picker to the 1/2 ton bolt. It worked. Was a little wobbly. Glad I got the garage space back. Until the next one shows up.
I appreciated the effort! It will be done like that at my house aswell

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron