So what did you do with your truck today?

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well , yesterday after months of smelling raw fuel in the cab of LuLuBelle ( '89 7.3 n/a) I decided to change out the fuel return hoses.... It took all day due to Mrs Joe stopping and asking for help every 30 minutes ,plus heaven only knows my arthritis decided to act up....Got the kit from Oreilly , the kit was from "Standard brand". Everything went smooth except the lines were large in diameter than the fittings on the metal return line. So back we go to get a small diameter hose. So all in all not bad. I explained to Mrs Joe that I wanted to spend $100.00 per month on the truck until I got it where I think it will last another 100K......wish me luck!

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My old, aftermarket accelerator cable finally quit working, so I limped home and put on the new Motorcraft cable I had waiting on the shelf. It's like a new truck! It's easier to shift smoothly, and I'm getting more power. I shouldn't have waited to make that right.

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take Mrs Joe to go look at a brand new fully loaded F250 King Ranch. Then show her what a 7 year loan on that costs per month. Then let her decide if she wants to ride in a new King Ranch or gets behind the $100 a month. Either way it’s a win for Mr. joe!

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did just that about 3 months ago, Big Bart. I thought she was going tohave a runaway!!

With me about to retire in 4 years, I thought I needed a new truck....I think Ill get a class C motorhome; big enough to go fishing, shooting and vacations. With a total of 140 gallons of fuel I can make about 1800 miles on one fillup if I decide to buy camper trailer( as long as LuLuBelle holds up); I should be ok........

.BTW back during the big freeze LuLuBelle and a power inverter kept us going here in the middle of the cotton fields.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I used to think that I wanted a new vehicle until I bought one. It was a 1995 ******. Those payments got to be a real PITA. I sure was glad when I hit a deer and totaled it out. It was a relief to not have those payments anymore. I've been content to drive something older ever since.
Edit: so now apparently you can't type in Ford E s c o r t? W T F???

Last edited:

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was going to start on this yesterday, but had to do a few things to my wife’s car, and one of my kids’ car. I wanted to get those jobs out of the way before I made a mess.

So first I did this.
You must be registered for see images attach

Then I did this

So now it’s time to start ********** it in preparation for head studs and a set of reman heads.

Edit for censorship “un dress ing”

Last edited:

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a fail...
Effin branby new roof leaked ...
Booze fer dinner, headed home in the am
Catfu!

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I was going to start on this yesterday, but had to do a few things to my wife’s car, and one of my kids’ car. I wanted to get those jobs out of the way before I made a mess.

So first I did this.

Then I did this

So now it’s time to start ********** it in preparation for head studs and a set of reman heads.

I'll
Be

D
A
Y
U
M
E
D
@Shaggy
Thee phawk what's wrong with taking ones c h l o t h I n g OFF?

PC IN THE PRK IS OUTTA HAND
B
U
T
CuMAWN!

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score

So first I did this.

Then I did this

TNBrett, when I get board I watch TV. LOL But guessing you won’t be board for a while!

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s my truck. I like it. Anyways. California, at least my part, is getting a bunch of rain. I haven’t really driven this truck on wet pavement with its current setup. I literally cannot keep it in a straight line. In third gear around 2500 rpm the rear end starts to step out on you LOL I guess it’s kinda fun

Attachments

• F94D0C11-1AF4-4FA0-AA36-22A585C8566D.png
    F94D0C11-1AF4-4FA0-AA36-22A585C8566D.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

leojr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been hauling around a couple of work boxes lately, maybe 500lbs total extra weight, truck sure does ride better.
Not sure how relevant or helpful this is, but I changed my factory rear leafs in my '96 F250 4x4 with some Superduty B code leafs. Had to open the holes in the shackle. Also used a lift block from a same year F350 but that is unrelated to why I am responding. The B code in the rear rides much nicer than the factory leafs. I didn't notice much more squat than usual but I also added over-load leafs at the same time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online