So what did you do with your truck today?

bilbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't been to Starbucks specifically, but we have a local place that I get coffee from. I'm not a snob by any means, but it is better than the gas station and local. If plain ol' coffee is what you want they're happy to oblige. You just get the cup and you can fill it yourself or they'll fill it, as many times as you want. Usually I just go inside as it'***** or miss whether we can hear each other over the engine noise with the window open. One drive through I frequent though is Dairy Queen. Peanut Buster Parfaits are one of my vices. At this point they probably just get one started when they see/hear me in the line.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
all you supposed men with your fancy coffee's

ill keep my peets grounds and keep making my own pot in the morning

I french press my hand ground coffee 99% of the time unless im on a long drive.

Also - Looking at putting a tractor stack topper on my new pipe. Anyone got some shots of those on their trucks?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at putting a tractor stack topper on my new pipe. Anyone got some shots of those on their trucks?

Nope but a guy I used to work with had them on the stacks on his Cummins. We always busted his chops as his truck sat outside rattling like beer cans in a dryer LOL

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind it really, but I think the sound at idle would have gotten old fast! Might want to look into putting a spring on it to hold it open slightly.

ISPKI

Reaction score
I do cowboy coffee I haven't owned a coffee pot for years I do have an old percolator in my camper

Percolators can make some damn good coffee.

Yeah i'm not running stacks, 4" pipe straight back, going to do a custom cut and welded tip to hook it down under the frame and out past the wheels but I want to put something on the end of it to keep small woodland creatures from crawling into it. Had a squirrel or something climb into the pipe on my old truck... It wasnt pretty...

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like to french press my nescafe' instant coffee. Then strain it through a doily. Then distill it. Then filter it through fairy wings. And put two to three drops of it in my camomile tea, depending on how frisky I want to feel!

ISPKI

Reaction score
I like to french press my nescafe' instant coffee. Then strain it through a doily. Then distill it. Then filter it through fairy wings. And put two to three drops of it in my camomile tea, depending on how frisky I want to feel!

Wow, when are we having brunch? I'll bring the croissants!

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the time starbucks opens up here, I've made my own coffee and gone to work. Work has a brown liquid that resembles coffee, at least it seems to be slightly caffeinated brown water for cup 2 of the day.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
all you supposed men with your fancy coffee's

ill keep my peets grounds and keep making my own pot in the morning

IDIoit,

Great minds think a like!

For months I have been buying 2.5lbs of Starbucks Breakfast Blend beans at my local outlet for $5. Same bag goes for $19 or more in the stores. (Guessing surplus from when they pulled out the beans and grinders from the super markets due to Covid.)

Then grind a bag every two weeks into two small 1.25 pound bags. (Takes 5 minutes on my Bunn professional grinder.) Then make coffee each morning at home! Use about a bag a week, so I figure $.36 a pot! (So save $5.00 or so on two coffee's plus another $1.50-2.00 a day in diesel going, waiting in the drive thru, and returning home.)

If I really like to be Mr. fancy pants, I have a industrial espresso maker by La Spaziale at home to do mocha's, espresso, american's, late's, etc. I use Illy medium espresso grind in that that machine. More of a weekend thing.

But evidently I am not as fancy as you french press coffee boys with your french cufflings and Savoir Faire taylored shirts! Sipping coffee and eating crepes.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coffee is really my only vice. Starbucks is my go to coffee. I grind and brew my own at home, Starbucks K-cups at the office, and at the Starbucks when I’m out and about. But I never do the drive though. I always need to go inside to make room for more coffee if you know what I mean. It was really bizarre to me last year when Starbucks opened their stores back up so you could go inside, but they wouldn’t let you use their restrooms. Liberal logic I guess.

I always order the same thing, a grande dark roast in a venti cup. I drink my coffee black, but the young folks behind the counter can’t wrap their minds around that apparently. They keep trying to talk me into cream and sugar. My go to response has become “no thanks, I’ve got a bottle of whiskey in the truck”. I enjoy their bewildered look as I turn and walk away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like we need a "What's your morning brew" thread.

Usually a french press at home using fresh ground coffee out of an oxo burr grinder. Coffee brands vary. Then when I get to work a k-cup, also varying brand, in a travel mug. Same after I get back from lunch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01