So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
EDIT: I found it. Actually not as expensive as I suspected, but for $80 I'll just use the universal light if I ever need to!
I expected it to be more myself. I paid it and am happy. Even calling it $300 for both, it still wouldn't take very many times of paying someone else to check my timing to pay for them. Looking at it this way, I can most definitely justify the extra $80 + shipping.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
That seems to be the norm sadly, that or scotch locks (T taps) that are all corroded. I don't really understand why everyone seems to have to make a mess of it.

I had the trailer package on my dually so I just traced wires on the truck and wired in a new harness end that plugs into the 7 pin jack, that way if it gets damaged in theory I should be able to just replace the plug end without rewiring everything.
I basically did the same, but the 3 wires for the brakes would have to have new ends crimped on if I had to replace the plug, but the 4 flat plugs into the back off the 7 way plug, so that is removable.You want to talk about T taps? My f250 had 1 wire coming of the positive battery terminal, then 6 wires T tapped into each other and they were only 16 gauge! I spent two days re wiring all that stuff correctly and removing all of the old Rube Goldburg wiring.

Rock

You must be registered for see images attach

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my r&d cold air intake, it’s a really nice piece. I had to move my fuel pressure regulator off of the intake manifold where I had it. Now it’s mounted on the fender, looks better. But not for some reason I can’t dial down the pressure and it’s cracked out at like 12 psi. I’ll work some more on it tomorrow LOL

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed my r&d cold air intake, it’s a really nice piece. I had to move my fuel pressure regulator off of the intake manifold where I had it. Now it’s mounted on the fender, looks better. But not for some reason I can’t dial down the pressure and it’s cracked out at like 12 psi. I’ll work some more on it tomorrow LOL

C'mon man, pics or it didn't happen LOL

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score

New braided brake lines. Took longer than it should have after running into a stuck bleeder and having to run to NAPA for a new caliper. No pics of the rear, but it was easier than the fronts.

Wife helped me bleed the brakes. That's always a pleasure.

Test drove and the pedal is a little higher and respond better. Success. Beer-thirty for the rest of the night.

rhythim

Reaction score
Hauled in 3 yards of wet mulch so I could tackle the flower beds at the house. Safe to say the old truck handled it better than my back did. I'll pay for it tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
Today I sold an IDI and I bought an IDI. The guy who was buying the Beagle Pup (IH) came to pick it up today, so I took it for one last drive, and boy do I miss that truck! There was a guy parting out an 86 6.9 4X4 because the IP went and he didn't want to sink anymore money into it. I got the 160k mile 6.9 for $400 and a super clean set of obs doors for $100. I am going to go through the engine, and probably will rebuild it at some point. The guy parting out the truck had a gravel driveway, so It was impossible to roll the engine on the hoist. I ended up pulling the hoist with a truck and then backing under it.It worked pretty good actually. I pulled a GP, it had diesel RX plugs, and they started to swell after very little use.

Rock

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member