So what did you do with your truck today?

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m afraid it is already well developed;Really the only question is whether it is a bad addiction or not???:dunnoLOL
My issue is I don’t have anywhere to keep my addictions! I feel
Bad bringing junk to my grandpas place but my mom isn’t too hot on broken idi’s sitting in front of our house LOL

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I have some useable seats, I made a half ass atempt at cleaning the truck so can find stuff and have my tools in the back.

-Flame Thr

You must be registered for see images attach

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I finally installed the utility cap that I bought last week on my f250 today. I am very happy with this cap. There is so much tool storage.
I had a 3 ton hoist sitting around, so I just chained it up to a beam in the barn. Pictures aren't they best, but it looks pretty good. I used six 3/8 bolts with wax/lock nuts, so it ain't going nowhere:Thumbs Up

Rock

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you going to tell us what it is?:popcorn:joker:

i work at a box truck rental and leasing company as a Fueler/washer/detailer. it is good pay, uniforms and safety clothes provided and the guys will teach me what i need to know and i can move up to a entry level tech at some point. basically i get the trucks cleaned up and do a PM check on them before they get sent back out. i love this job so far.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
@Farmer Rock do you have the 87 registered as a farm truck too?
yes and no. I bought it over the summer, and have been fixing it up, and I haven't registered it yet so I just run farm tags locally for right now. I am going to get it registered in the next month or so, now that I got most of the bugs worked out of it. It's a long story, so I will just leave it at that lol

Rock

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you run heavy, or tow heavy with your truck. Noticed the "C" Plate..... all our trucks, even our 3/4 tons have always had "B" Plates... I'm in Indiana now, and ours go by weight, amd I think minimum truck plate for us is 11,000lbs.... Mom and Dad still live in Ill and his 1/2 ton has a "B" plate. I remember back in the day it was a "B" Plate, a "D" Plate, or a FARM Plate.

Isn't it best to play it safe than sorry?

I started today By taking snow white to shed some winter weight since the snow should be gone, no Im not betting on a frozzen summer

She is saying that is a small amount of weight.

I also got around to getting this coutch light board installed that Iv had sitting, the wiring still needs a final destination.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't it best to play it safe than sorry?

I started today By taking snow white to shed some winter weight since the snow should be gone, no Im not betting on a frozzen summer

She is saying that is a small amount of weight.

I also got around to getting this coutch light board installed that Iv had sitting, the wiring still needs a final destination.

Is it me or do you not have a front drive shaft. Sorry in the past week IV seen a few trucks that looked good except for the wheels amd tires and all were 4wd without a front drive shaft

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it me or do you not have a front drive shaft. Sorry in the past week IV seen a few trucks that looked good except for the wheels amd tires and all were 4wd without a front drive shaft

The gear ratio is not the same between front and rear diff, front is 3.55 and rear should be 4.10 but think is 4.53. So it is not to the point of having the front shaft, also it is going to need ladder/traction bars for the rear.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Im not going to give her a brake, went and got a load of gravel. Told a bucket from a bobcat is 500lb and I got 3, so that is what was charged for. I dont think is correct since just had close to 1500lb in the bed, it sits lower and have to run at a higher rpm to move this weight at same speed as before. Hope this is enought to get her to stop drinking oil, taking this on a run tomorrow.

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Im not going to give her a brake, went and got a load of gravel. Told a bucket from a bobcat is 500lb and I got 3, so that is what was charged for. I dont think is correct since just had close to 1500lb in the bed, it sits lower and have to run at a higher rpm to move this weight at same speed as before. Hope this is enought to get her to stop drinking oil, taking this on a run tomorrow.

If you want to road trip over, I can get you hooked to some loads that will guarantee the elimination of any ring setting issuesLOL 22k should do it as far as a heavy working load. It keeps my beast from drinking anything but fuel......for now:joker: I imagine I’ll pop a head at some point

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to road trip over, I can get you hooked to some loads that will guarantee the elimination of any ring setting issuesLOL 22k should do it as far as a heavy working load. It keeps my beast from drinking anything but fuel......for now:joker: I imagine I’ll pop a head at some point

Thanks for the offer but I dont think she is ready to run that far, I am hoping for the best that she will make it to my house.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I drove the crap out of my truck. That seemed to stop the oil consumption. When I first got it, it had just been sitting for 10 years and then idled around for yard work. She needed some heat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online