So what did you do with your truck today?

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my '89 crew cab back from the bodyman. He not only straightened the front of the frame and the radiator support, he straightened out the bumper and the sheet metal. I may not even bother looking for a new front clip for this one. I just need a new passenger side headlight assembly and a grill, and it will be almost the same as it was before.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Got about 1 1/4 cord of lodgepole pine (only dam thing that grows around here)
You gotta burn what you can find. Despite the rumors, in at least 2/3 of Kansas, we can be choosy about what to burn and what not to. This is what was left over out of a tree in my back yard. Chinese Elm isn't real good fire wood, but the tree was practically dead and had to go before it fell onto something that it shouldn't have.

You must be registered for see images attach

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went out wood cutting. Got about 1 1/4 cord of lodgepole pine (only dam thing that grows around here) once the truck squats down to the overloads it rides pretty well. :Thumbs Up

Where are you located? I have a bunch of pine you can have near Medford Oregon ! :D

IH-GM IDI

Reaction score
Chinese Elm isn't real good fire wood, but the tree was practically dead and had to go before it fell onto something that it shouldn't have.

The only 'good' wood I can easily get is juniper, outside of that we got pine, pine, and other pine.

Where are you located? I have a bunch of pine you can have near Medford Oregon ! :D

I'm only about 4 hours from there, over in La Pine. Should have plenty of wood for this year though, Fremont national forests opened up there wood cutting areas for 12 cords without permits or load tags so we've been making guys use of the privilege

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I took my mom out for a ride on the horses. Loaded, the trailer was around 8000-8500 pounds. The truck did great! Only hard spot was pulling a 9-10 % grade at 53-55 mph. I bounced off 1180 on the pyro at the top of the grade, and the turbo was riding the wastegate at 11 psi. It’s always fun to make this thing work, it always seems to run stronger after a good workout

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well was driving down the road from my grandma rehab and truck caught fire under the passenger side of the hood looked like eiher the relay on the fender and gp controller end of story insure was a called and well no longer have my 1993 brown 174k of mile 7.3 n/a 2wd drive and the search begins

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well was driving down the road from my grandma rehab and truck caught fire under the passenger side of the hood looked like eiher the relay on the fender and gp controller end of story insure was a called and well no longer have my 1993 brown 174k of mile 7.3 n/a 2wd drive and the search begins
Sorry to hear that! How much did your insurance give you for it?

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jason, that's another reason I don't have anything but liability on any of my rigs. Insurance is just a hassle on these old rigs, and they want you to pay for the hassle.

Buy it back at the auction and use the insurance money to fix it up.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jason, that's another reason I don't have anything but liability on any of my rigs. Insurance is just a hassle on these old rigs, and they want you to pay for the hassle.

Buy it back at the auction and use the insurance money to fix it up.
Often you can buy directly from the insurance company.