So what did you do with your truck today?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Depending on the day, I could be spoiled. 16 miles one way. Some days it's a 25 minute drive. Other days it's an hour drive. Stupid tri metropolitan area.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a philosophy to live close to work so that you maximize your non-work time. And if you don't, change jobs or housing. :fight:

It works well for me, 20 mins to work, 20 mins back. Rarely any traffic. I LOVE IT.
And the more kiddos we have, the more important maximizing time is. Currently at 4 little ones, 9,6,3, and 6 months.

I'm in fairly population-dense western WA so that's a factor. In other areas maybe 40 mins is a great commute time, I dunno. I do know that it's common for people north of Seattle to commute into Seattle daily over an HOUR each way. That's bonkers to me. cookoo

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
If I didn't know better, I would say your romping grounds are probably Vancouver.
Mine is Portland lol
I totally can get behind that mentality. I don't get how someone could drive literal hours back and forth to work. Especially if they have a family.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in North Bend, work in Issaquah. Very little traffic because Issaquah is the last medium-sized city on the way east via I90.
There's a lot more nature out here and less buildings. :Thumbs Up
Actually this picture is out my bedroom window, looking up the to a popular hike called Rattlesnake Ledge. On the ledge I can actually say, "I can see my house from here!" LOL

You must be registered for see images attach

Because Western WA is where I've always lived, it always cracks me up when @IDIBRONCO posts about cutting down a tree for wood, and the only tree in the picture is the one in his bed/trailer. Just a side thought I often have. I grew up in the Evergreen state!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a philosophy to live close to work so that you maximize your non-work time. And if you don't, change jobs or housing. :fight:

It works well for me, 20 mins to work, 20 mins back. Rarely any traffic. I LOVE IT.
And the more kiddos we have, the more important maximizing time is. Currently at 4 little ones, 9,6,3, and 6 months.

I'm in fairly population-dense western WA so that's a factor. In other areas maybe 40 mins is a great commute time, I dunno. I do know that it's common for people north of Seattle to commute into Seattle daily over an HOUR each way. That's bonkers to me. cookoo
I'm with you. 12 miles to work, but then I drive 200-300miles on my route. I've got a bunch of kids myself and a small farm, being at home is really important.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Workin on my 1990 7.3. It’ll crank and start, but won’t stay running. I have a vacuum/pressure gauge plumbed into the Schrader valve on the fuel filter head. When it starts, there is about four psi, but after running, it will get down to about 10 inches of vacuum and die. Do I have a pinched fuel line I just replaced all of them from the tank and all the way up.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Workin on my 1990 7.3. It’ll crank and start, but won’t stay running. I have a vacuum/pressure gauge plumbed into the Schrader valve on the fuel filter head. When it starts, there is about four psi, but after running, it will get down to about 10 inches of vacuum and die. Do I have a pinched fuel line I just replaced all of them from the tank and all the way up.
Is it possible the shower head is mostly plugged up? I don't remember what all you have done to it.

James

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Definitely sounds like a pinched line.