So what did you do with your truck today?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
For 3 years I’ve used permatex ptfe thread sealant and I’m done with it, the performance is poor with diesel. That leaves rectoseal or monster to switch to. I picked up monster.
I use the monster on all the air lines on all the commercial vehicles I work on, night and day difference with reliability. I hate the goop on stuff, it's also very messy.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading up on it, you must be talking about Blue Monster PTFE? It's non hardening; does that mean we can take the joint apart and re-tighten without cleaning the threads like an OCD person?!
I use a thick "everything" rated tape but it's annoying to get off the threads. Works great though.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a guy that I've known for 20 years. I worked with him for probably half of that. On January 8, he fell off of a ladder from about 14 feet up. He's supposed to be getting out of the hospital on Thursday. He'll be in a wheelchair for at least another 6 weeks after he gets out. He and his wife are buying a house and moving from their hobby farm back into town. The hospital will sell them a board (of some type) so that he can slide into and out of the wheelchair, but it's not long enough for him to get into a car. He made a pattern of what he wanted and asked me to make him one out of oak instead. I finished it and took it to his wife tonight. There was a home made wheelchair ramp in the garage of this house. His oldest son built it for another guy who lived there and died of cancer. His brother, who lived in the house with him, cut it apart after he was gone and stuck it in the garage. I helped another guy drag it out, patch it together and put it up so that it can be used again for the new owner. This is 15 miles west of where I live and it's about 2 1/2 blocks from my garage.
That's a real bummer. I hope he heals up well.
Nice work on the oak! That's some good craftsmanship.
This you helping out a friend like that is sorely missing in our society anymore. We all know everyone's business cause of social media but it seems like we do less and less to help each other. Thanks for being a good friend and example of kindness.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For 3 years I’ve used permatex ptfe thread sealant and I’m done with it, the performance is poor with diesel. That leaves rectoseal or monster to switch to. I picked up monster.

I've been using rectoseal #5 for years and it's been working well.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That's a real bummer. I hope he heals up well.
Nice work on the oak! That's some good craftsmanship.
This you helping out a friend like that is sorely missing in our society anymore. We all know everyone's business cause of social media but it seems like we do less and less to help each other. Thanks for being a good friend and example of kindness.
Thanks. I did the woodwork at work until I started welding. Since there's no one else there who can do it, I guess I'm still the wood shop guy although, thankfully, we don't use a lot of wood these days. I still like it, it's just a huge PITA to have to build a spiral staircase and then do a lot of wood work for it too. It slows down the process in a big way.
I figured that building that "butt slider", as I call it, for nothing and helping to fix up the ramp was the least I could do to help out. Their total bill was $15 for the oak so she was very happy too.
I've been using rectoseal #5 for years and it's been working well.
BE CAREFUL! Don't sit on that by accident! :joker:

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading up on it, you must be talking about Blue Monster PTFE? It's non hardening; does that mean we can take the joint apart and re-tighten without cleaning the threads like an OCD person?!
I use a thick "everything" rated tape but it's annoying to get off the threads. Works great though.

Yes I don’t like using tape, but if you take it apart you would wipe it off and reapply I wouldn’t say like an ocd person is needed

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a guy that I've known for 20 years. I worked with him for probably half of that. On January 8, he fell off of a ladder from about 14 feet up. He's supposed to be getting out of the hospital on Thursday. He'll be in a wheelchair for at least another 6 weeks after he gets out. He and his wife are buying a house and moving from their hobby farm back into town. The hospital will sell them a board (of some type) so that he can slide into and out of the wheelchair, but it's not long enough for him to get into a car. He made a pattern of what he wanted and asked me to make him one out of oak instead. I finished it and took it to his wife tonight. There was a home made wheelchair ramp in the garage of this house. His oldest son built it for another guy who lived there and died of cancer. His brother, who lived in the house with him, cut it apart after he was gone and stuck it in the garage. I helped another guy drag it out, patch it together and put it up so that it can be used again for the new owner. This is 15 miles west of where I live and it's about 2 1/2 blocks from my garage.
WOW! I feel for the guy, hope he didn`t break his back or pelvis etc.... that will be a long recovery for sure. 14ft will sure knock the wind out of you.

last July I was working on reframing the front of my shop for the new 9 X 7 steel roll up door.
I was up on my 6ft ladder and decided to take flying lessons, I just haven`t perfected the landing part.
I had the F-250 backed up to the shop, maybe 6ft back from the ladder. I landed side ways across the rear Bumper, and cracked #10 Rib.
Never had anything hurt so bad, put it right up there with Child Birth....LOL

Took me a while to get up and stagger to the house for sympathy.
Thought I just bruised my self, so next day back at it, but later in the day, knew sumtin waz rong.
Down to ER and showed the cracked Rib.

But with 800MG of Ibuprofin I was Super man and back at...
Had to, door was ordered and coming. got it up just in time, next day we had a ton of rain.

Goat

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
WOW! I feel for the guy, hope he didn`t break his back or pelvis etc.... that will be a long recovery for sure. 14ft will sure knock the wind out of you.
He did break his pelvis. His wife told me that he has screws in two places. He told me that he doesn't know how long he'll have to be in a wheelchair. He was unconscious for about 20 minutes. He had to call his wife to help him get up off of the ground. This weekend, I'm going to build a handrail for the ramp because his wife has a bad knee and walks with a cane.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the Hip and Pelvis sort of the same thing?
My Mom fell and broke her Hip, next day they operated and did what ever they do. Then sent to a Rehab place. Didn`t want to cooperate, leave me alone, don`t touch me, and it was my fault she is in there.

So after a month of that, medicare not going to pay for that nonsense. So we lucked out and found a place which is a residential home. Great care.
The Nurse at the rehab said when they fall and break a Hip, usually give then a year to year and a half to live. Mom was tough, she lasted 2 years.

It`s tough seeing your Mom go down like that and nothing you can do about it. She would have been 98 in a few months.

I really hope your friend makes a full recovery, sitting in a Wheel Chair w/o any activity will for sure shorten their life. Will need a lot of therapy.

Goat

Last edited:

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was trimming a hedge on a 6’ Orchard ladder (3-legged) and went flying. Cussing as I checked myself over; I then walked straight to the shed and grabbed the skill-saw. Enjoyed that small bonfire.

@IDIBRONCO sorry about your friend!!

My uncle had a garage door spring explode and kicked him off a 12’ step ladder. He landed on all 4’s on concrete. He gets around alright 12 years later, but he can’t do manual labor anymore. Teaches classes to fire departments now.

God willing, I’ve never broke anything and sure hope to never.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw this badge today picking my daughter up from skiing.

Was this a factory original badge? Or a printed aftermarket?

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I broke an arm right before I went into kindergarten. I was climbing over the picket fence we had in the back yard. I tried to jump off, but my foot got caught between two pickets and I fell onto my arm instead. When I was in high school, the prettiest girl in my class was talking about it once. I don't remember it, but she told me all of the girls were wanting to sit next to me because I had a cast on my arm. And there I was, too young to make it work in my favor!

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was trimming a hedge on a 6’ Orchard ladder (3-legged) and went flying. Cussing as I checked myself over; I then walked straight to the shed and grabbed the skill-saw. Enjoyed that small bonfire.

@IDIBRONCO sorry about your friend!!

My uncle had a garage door spring explode and kicked him off a 12’ step ladder. He landed on all 4’s on concrete. He gets around alright 12 years later, but he can’t do manual labor anymore. Teaches classes to fire departments now.

The old Shop door is what started my fiasco.
The house was built back in 74, and one of the first places built this far out of town. All the roads were dirt, and mud in the winter, and the pavement is just Asphalt Grindings bladed in and oiled, not too many years ago.

The guy that built it worked for the Phone Co., and dragged home Poles, Cross Arms, Cable/Wire etc...., the frame of the shop is made of the Cross Arms, for the Studs, rafters etc.... The Shop Door was one with the big Springs on the sides, with an over head track for the rollers, and was pretty rickety going up and down. I always baby`d it.

I don`t remember if I was going up or down, but got a bind, and wiggling it, it came crashing down on me, and stopped about 4ft from the floor with me under it. At least I didn`t get hurt.
My BIL and I unbolted the Door and Springs and threw them in the scrap metal pile.

The new Steel Roll up one is insulated, and so far seem to be Mouse proof.
But wow are they pricey.

Goat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin