So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I sure understand that. I lived in a very small town surrounded by farm fields on three sides. With my house cats, I only had three mice in ten years. Two were at the same time.

JAKRANCH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally fitted new style rad into my bullnose, cutting and welding later she lives! First time moving it under it's own power reminds me how much I love driving this thing. Next problem. With about three start ups and one short move. I was showing my buddies and we noticed the fan had wandered off the shaft . I put it back on with the wrench attachment on an air hammer, so ya that really shouldn't have happened. In a semi related frame of mind any of y'all have success stories that involve towing, mountains, and electric or flex fans all at the same time?

Attachments

• IMG_20220904_091635559_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220904_091635559_HDR.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 15

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
A friend wanted me to bring a three wheeler to his house out in the country. He wanted me to pull a dead colt horse out of his corral and into a hole in the pasture about 1/4 mile south. It was kind of sad and the only picture I took is of how I like to load and unload at my house.

Attachments

• 102_3358.JPG
    102_3358.JPG
    369.6 KB · Views: 12

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is sad about the colt, it's crazy how fragile baby horses are, we've lost both the baby horses we had so we gave up on horse rearing. Cows are way more resilient.

You should put the ramp farther back, say 15-20ft, with a 10ft firey hoop between the truck and the ramp and try to land it in the bed.
Edit: I just want to add, I spent a lot a time in my teenage years on a Big Red 250.

I officially drove the tow truck to work today, no problems at all. Way too loud though, I gotta figure out how to shut it up soon.

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
You should put the ramp farther back, say 15-20ft, with a 10ft firey hoop between the truck and the ramp and try to land it in the bed.
Mw? NO WAY! I'd be glad to watch someone else try it, but not with my truck or my toy.
That is sad about the colt, it's crazy how fragile baby horses are, we've lost both the baby horses we had so we gave up on horse rearing.
Oh yes. I forgot. That's what he told me, but today, he said that he was actually exactly one year old. I thought that he was no more than 6 months and closer to 4. He was just really small. My friend said that he though that something was wrong with the horse anyway to be that small.
Cows are way more resilient.
Yes they sure seem to be.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well could not help myself, the deed has been done to have amps for load audio again.
:angel:

You must be registered for see images

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I drove the tow truck to work this morning. It made me think of a YouTube video called "ferd f-teen thousand", there's a little off color humor but it ain't bad..... there's just a certain sence of....I drive a tow truck......not because I HAVE to, but because I own a tow truck. Oh well, enjoy!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yes. I forgot. That's what he told me, but today, he said that he was actually exactly one year old. I thought that he was no more than 6 months and closer to 4. He was just really small. My friend said that he though that something was wrong with the horse anyway to be that small.
If it was an Arabian, you want small. But the hip thing these days is to make 16h Arabs, they should be 14h.

George Washington rode and bred Arabs, in paintings from the period you'll notice that his legs hang low on the horse because the horses he rode were small. George was 6'2".

Last edited:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
A friend wanted me to bring a three wheeler to his house out in the country. He wanted me to pull a dead colt horse out of his corral and into a hole in the pasture about 1/4 mile south. It was kind of sad and the only picture I took is of how I like to load and unload at my house.
That is the way I load the mower/tractors on the trailer. Makes it way closer to flat on the ramps, since I have a fairly steep driveway. I did it before, so I could "choke up" the wood ramps I had, so they didn't flex as much. They ar 30+ year old, heavy 2x10's. Momma didn't like how they would bow when I was putting 800-1000 on the ramps (I couldn't see it, only feel it, since I am driving it), so earlier this year, she bought me the nice 7 foot steel ramps, (look like the same ones you have) from Harbor Freight. They are nice, and lighter than the wood ones. With my back and knees getting worse, every pound is important now. First time I used them, I could tell how much the wood ones would flex....... LOL Next step will be a trailer with a built in ramp..... and the assist system for the ramp..... and hopefully a bit lower to the ground. The trailer I have now is a late 90's Haulin brand 5x8, and it is a "deck over" and is on 5.XX r 8 wheels, so the deck is knee high or maybe a bit taller.... so climbing on an off is "fun" some days....

I remember when I was a kid, and we hauled our 149 in the bed of our 73 F-250... and I could just pop right up the side and into the bed... (hub, top of tire, throw leg over into the bed....) now if I need something out of the bed of my F-150...... I send one of the kids after it....... I don't have the tailgate step... but will look for that on the next one......

rhythim

Reaction score
In the process of replacing the cold start switch last weekend I managed to very briefly short out the main wire on the alternator with my ratchet. (I know, I know, should've disconnected the batteries knowing I was working closely to that post). Anyhow, no melted wiring, etc. Got done with the switch, started the truck, yep, no charging. Oh well, that alternator gave a solid 37 years of service.

Checked around the local parts places, and the 1 store that actually had one wanted a HUNDRED AND TWELVE DOLLARS for it.

Screw that, I'm cheap. Also, seeing as I still haven't gotten around to sourcing all the stuff for a 3G upgrade, I just decided to pick up brushes, bearings, and a rectifier bridge and build it myself. Turns out the original brushes were worn down to nearly nothing anyway, so it was only a matter of time. About $30, a little cleanup and polishing of the commutator later, it's good to go another 37.

Attachments

• 20220911_112222.jpg
    20220911_112222.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
For the first time in 6 years, I went dove hunting today. It was such a good time that I have no idea why it's been so long. I already have plans to go again this coming weekend. I should have already been at least two or three times. Right now we're in a year+ long drought and that's the best time to hunt doves around here. If you can find water, you WILL find birds!

Attachments

• 102_3359.JPG
    102_3359.JPG
    444 KB · Views: 10