So what did you do with your truck today?

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, Wilson and I decided we're going to shut the "Jesus Freak" dually down this week. I've got a couple runs I have to have it for this week and then I'm done with it until I can build another engine for it. She's just drinking too much oil, and not just the WMO I run in it. I'm going through a 2.5 gal jug in 4 days and a total of @100 miles of driving. It doesn't leak. It runs perfect, but that type of oil consumption is crazy. I can drive my bronco for the same $ and not take the chance of destroying my turbo IDI. She pulled 8 rolls of hay to the house today, that @25miles with hills. I gotta go get a couple hundred gallons of WMO Thursday and that's it until I have a fresh engine for it. The tow truck should be on line in a couple weeks, so then I'll be back to OIL BURNING.

Attachments

• IMG_20220712_155822.jpg
    IMG_20220712_155822.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 14

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I'm surprised your vanity plate isn't Jesus Freak too LOL

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, that's taken. That's not a vanity plate on there, it's an authentic "arrive alive" drive 55 plate from the 80s. I had a state trooper try to buy it from me. I do plan on getting a vanity plate for the tow truck. Possibly "ILGETIT" or "BBLEGUY".

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I know what you mean by butt dyno!!

In the middle of doing the third round, the tester poofed smoke and shut off while I was testing it again

I was high so went to passenger side, but now at idle it's vibrating a lot!

I Am so mad about this timing tool!!!
There’s no chance I’d be able to even open my hood high LOL

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean the timing was on the high side hahaha. I have yet to try the other high, but NJ did just legalize it hmmm

Going to see if there's anything I can do about the techtime meter or I guess do it by buttocks timing haha

Trailer wiring was a mess from quickie patches made on pretrip inspections over the years. It feels good to be doing this all fresh and with weather proofing and solder connections instead of... Well all the creative ways people have repaired this stuff

I NEED TO STOP LETTING PEOPLE BORROW THIS TRAILER!

Thank you to @hacked89 for the emergency fsv, going to be installing that tomorrow when it's 90 degrees out again ahhhh

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understood what you meant, but on a casual reading it sounded like the other. That really sucks about the meter, I'm all paranoid about getting one now. I might go with the ferret or something like it.

P.S. don't let anyone borrow your trailer...... except me, when I need it.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean the timing was on the high side hahaha. I have yet to try the other high, but NJ did just legalize it hmmm

Going to see if there's anything I can do about the techtime meter or I guess do it by buttocks timing haha

Trailer wiring was a mess from quickie patches made on pretrip inspections over the years. It feels good to be doing this all fresh and with weather proofing and solder connections instead of... Well all the creative ways people have repaired this stuff

I NEED TO STOP LETTING PEOPLE BORROW THIS TRAILER!

Thank you to @hacked89 for the emergency fsv, going to be installing that tomorrow when it's 90 degrees out again ahhhh
Oh boy my bad LOL

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
I think I know what you mean by butt dyno!!

In the middle of doing the third round, the tester poofed smoke and shut off while I was testing it again

I was high so went to passenger side, but now at idle it's vibrating a lot!

I Am so mad about this timing tool!!!
Sorry to hear that. Maybe DTI will warranty it or repair it for cheap.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
No, that's taken. That's not a vanity plate on there, it's an authentic "arrive alive" drive 55 plate from the 80s. I had a state trooper try to buy it from me. I do plan on getting a vanity plate for the tow truck. Possibly "ILGETIT" or "BBLEGUY".
Some food for thought -

DSLFRK
WMOGUY
FREDINO
TOWGUY
TOWFRK
TOWANGL
GODGUY
HVLYTOW

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some food for thought -

DSLFRK
WMOGUY
FREDINO
TOWGUY
TOWFRK
TOWANGL
GODGUY
HVLYTOW
My wife likes "towfrk", I'd need to get another "Jesus Freak" banner for the back glass first, and I will. In my avatar you might notice the green writing on the white letters, that says "Jesus Saves". In in the "typical tattoo green", if you listen to the song "Jesus Freak" by DC talk it'll kinda make sense........ kinda....

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
My wife likes "towfrk", I'd need to get another "Jesus Freak" banner for the back glass first, and I will. In my avatar you might notice the green writing on the white letters, that says "Jesus Saves". In in the "typical tattoo green", if you listen to the song "Jesus Freak" by DC talk it'll kinda make sense........ kinda....
I had seen the green, was wondering what that was, the avatar’s are low resolution so could not make it out. Was wondering if some jerk had vandalized your truck. But now I know it was by design.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Little known fact: you need fuel inside the tanks to
You are the only one I've ever met that also knows DC talk! The lyrics "what if I stumble, what if I fall and make fools of us all" HAUNTED me my whole teen years!!!!

When I get back from this trip I can make you a decal and ship it over if you want if it's simple design. I'm a simple girl hahaha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online