So what did you do with your truck today?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went and upgraded campers yesterday.

You must be registered for see images attach

Not really. Went and picked up my buddies camper to put the rear battery tray on it he built.

Ran the wires to the back. Welded the bumper back on with some extensions. The battery tray is bolted to the frame up underneath. Looks good. He’s trying to loose some tongue weight for his rig. With a 12v fridge, he can use the extra capacity.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duplicate post for some reason. I also fixed a dust cap on it. It popped off at some point. Was a pain to install which likely is a clue to why it fell off.

All better. Just missing the putter cover.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
How much did they give you? scrap prices are pretty low any more.

Not much. About 5000 lbs there and I got $97.

Mostly just wanted it all out of my yard - the dang thing was a yellow jacket magnet. They love the louvers in the back corners.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not really. Went and picked up my buddies camper to put the rear battery tray on it he built.

Ran the wires to the back. Welded the bumper back on with some extensions. The battery tray is bolted to the frame up underneath. Looks good. He’s trying to loose some tongue weight for his rig. With a 12v fridge, he can use the extra capacity.
Looks nice. where did you get those battery boxes?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adjusted the brakes again and tried to get the parking brake cable adjusted better. It holds going forward and resists driving in reverse, I think it's as close as I can get it myself without too much fussing.

Rechecked the timing, I think I'm closer to 10 degrees but I'm going to leave it at that. Runs good enough for now, anything else can wait for the turbo install hopefully sometime next year.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Today, after the heavy fog lifted this morning, I went to work on my engine. I installed the new rear main seal and the new crank repair sleeve. I got the engine dropped in and went to work on putting the headers back on (I REALLY hate those things right about now). I learned that I'm not as flexible as I was 20 years ago when I used to do this for a living. I also learned that my fingers don't work like they used to either. I just couldn't get them to bend right to install those header bolts. When I got them all installed, I couldn't make the wrench fit right on a couple of the trickier ones. I got the underneath side all buttoned up except for hanging the front part of the exhaust off of the headers. It will be slightly (maybe more than slightly) loud until I can drive it in to work and weld the back part of the exhaust back on. That's the part with the mufflers. about the last thing that I did today, was to put the hood back on. Yes that is a blue tarp sticking out in the one picture. Since I removed what was left of the cowl seal, I decided to play it safe since it's supposed to start raining tomorrow night and rain often this week. Overall, not a bad day's accomplishment considering my physical limitations these days, the fact that I'll avoid riding a motorcycle in the fog if I can help it, the hour or so I lost due to someone stopping by, and the half hour or so that I spent talking to a neighbor lady who I haven't seen for several months.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score

already outgrowing the old camper? did you at least keep your generator set up?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
already outgrowing the old camper? did you at least keep your generator set up?

That was a joke subway.... it’s not mine. No I won’t be outgrowing mine anytime soon. This one is nice but with the slides it seems heavy. The weight and the added cost are the reasons we opted out of the slide outs. On models like ours, it added roughly 1000-1200 lbs and $5k to the bottom line. We won’t use it enough to justify that I don’t think. I wanted to get it out one more time this year but it’s not looking good right now unless the weather holds till thanksgiving. LOL

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
That was a joke subway.... it’s not mine. No I won’t be outgrowing mine anytime soon. This one is nice but with the slides it seems heavy. The weight and the added cost are the reasons we opted out of the slide outs. On models like ours, it added roughly 1000-1200 lbs and $5k to the bottom line. We won’t use it enough to justify that I don’t think. I wanted to get it out one more time this year but it’s not looking good right now unless the weather holds till thanksgiving. LOL

i am taking mine out this weekend for Carlisle, i never even unhitched from the fall brawl LOL

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
To put an end to my current truck saga, I drove the F250 home tonight.:cheers: I have to admit that I'm definitely getting older. The open headers aren't nearly as cool as I thought they were 20 years ago! On the plus side, most of the deer didn't take long to get across the highway!:Thumbs Up I didn't have time to try to hook anything to the headers to put the exhaust farther back. I'll do that at work in the next couple of days. I'll have to weld it back up where I cut it and I don't have a welder so I'll just do it all there. You can barely tell because it's almost dark, but it is in my driveway. Just in time too. It's supposed to start raining tonight. I'll be going up to Kearney, NE Friday after work. The weekend of the 12th, I'll be going on a final camping/ATV riding trip for the year. Like I said, just in time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online