So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I pulled the cowl off and laid a couple of pieces over the holes. The roll is 36" wide so I used two strips that were about 36"x8". I cut out holes for the wiper arms and the washer hose to stick through. Then I set the cowl back on and ran the screws through the screen. If I'm careful, I can do both trucks and still have enough left for the back door on my house which needs a new screen too.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine likes them A LOT more since I started using Tirebuyer.com.:Thumbs Up Thanks again for the link!

Online shopping is a funny thing. Usually it's cheaper but every now and then it'll surprise you. Those coopers I want to get I can buy locally INSTALLED for the same price as online just shipped to my door. On the other hand, the oxygen sensor for my Jeep is $25 with free shipping online or $60 at the parts store..... :dunno

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rushed and fixed the exhaust on my Jeep last night because the parking brake cable I installed on the F350 two years ago seized up when I put the new one in the other day :mad::frustrate-Flame Thr

I'll buy another one today, along with new rear shoes. I'd like to get the oil changed at some point but I have to get a break from buying parts to do that!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love the smell of new tires in the morning! New BFG's installed.
You must be registered for see images attach

Hopefully BFG has fixed their compounds. The AT’s were a great tire in the 90’s. Wore great; good in the snow. Last couple sets I’ve seen didn’t wear for crap at all. I’ve also had sidewall cracking issues on bfg pass car tires and been told “it’s normal”. Been buying Generals lately. Never been a Goodyear fan. The early wranglers were awful. However, my RAV had a new set of Assurance fuel saver something or other on it when I got it and 70k miles later I’m still on them. I’ve never had a tire last like that. I’m considering putting the same thing back on it.

BTW, I still think you have about the prettiest truck on OB.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
having a manual tire changer and balancer has saved me a ton also!
I don't have a balancer at this point. I'm going to use some Equal Flexx beads in the tires I'm putting on the F250. I just bought a pair of tires for the F150. That was $250 at the cheapest tire store that I've found around. These cost me $160 so I could afford to have them balanced and still be money ahead. A good bead breaker makes all the difference as well. I even broke down and bought a bead seater to help too. It must be good since it was made by Ironman!

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quote: Hopefully BFG has fixed their compounds. (@ laser, Compliment appreciated!)
My hat is off to BFG! Took the truck to local BFG dealer and asked them to inspect tires and offer opinion if they were safe to use. They suggested replacement and offered the 25% discount on 8 year old tires with 32,000 miles. The remaining tread amount was impressive, I'll guess without the cracking they potentially would've provided another 32,000. Their warranty on workmanship is maximum 6 years so they easily could've turned their back..... You gotta stick with a company like that!

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night I painted the "step" part of my rear bumper. Found some old gray paint in the garage and started painting. Got to thinking, this paint is old, looked at the can and sure enough it is! Any of you folks remember "Jamesway" department store? That's where it came from. Googled it, they closed 23 years ago!

Eli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to finish this unwanted project. Somebody in the past bent the rear driveshaft - it's visibly bowed, with a big dent, and I still need to find a replacement - to the point that it tore the pinion bearing and seal up on the Sterling rear end. This allowed the fluid level to get low, which ate the wheel bearings. The previous owner - I bought this weeks ago - most likely knew, the guy let me drive it over 300 miles home knowing the rear wheel bearings were already failing. Now, it's back on the ground, with a 3.55 replacing the 4L10; I need to button it up and get the correct speedometer gear - then replace the steering column that's broken so I can safely steer this thing!
Anybody want a 4L10 rear end that needs an overhaul for cheap? Located in SW Houston, posi unit seems to be in good shape. Currently leaking gear lube past the pinion seal and staining my driveway...

Eli

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
You use a bubble balance ? Or beads ?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

i got a bubble balancer and it works pretty good overall but not perfect. i think i want to invest in some beads to take out that last little bit of shimmy that shows up sometimes in the sets i change. i would say the bubble balancer is good 75-80% of the time. the rest of the time i get a little unbalance feedback at higher highway speeds. not bad, i usually just go with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online